Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:58:04 PM EDT
Anybody know how to remove a broken shell neck from the chamber of a Winchester model 94 30-30?
we were out shooting yesterday and suddenly the shells wouldn't feed all the way in,  I just got a look in the chamber and there appears to be the neck from a shell still in there and I have no idea how to get it out.
I don't even know how to remove the bolt ro get a strait shot at it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
No need to remove the bolt-- and M94s are a bitch mechanically. Try this instead:

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=10973&title=ECHO+BROKEN+SHELL+EXTRACTOR
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No need to remove the bolt-- and M94s are a bitch mechanically. Try this instead:

+87

I took mine apart one night when I was bored. It took me about 15 minutes to get it into a bunch of pieces. It took me over 3 hours to get it back together.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+87

I took mine apart one night when I was bored. It took me about 15 minutes to get it into a bunch of pieces. It took me over 3 hours to get it back together.

don't get bored next time.

Now that you have the expiriance can you put a my Marlin 1895 back together if I take it apart to sand blast?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
cool!! thank you!!!
And my wife thanks you, It's her rifle
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Skket-

I have a USGI .30 cal broken shell extractor-

Drop me a line-

Matt
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent, will do.
Thanks

We figure out how ro get an AK build party together and we can fix it then.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cool!! thank you!!!
And my wife thanks you, It's her rifle

Yes, I do! Thanks Guys!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top