Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 5:46:11 PM EDT
There are a few threads taken out, snatched, kidnapped.

Why?

If we wish to share something amongst us, why is it taken???

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfair!

Those guys are a bunch of nutcases. They take every post and twist it into some mindless...

Um, never mind.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Orders from the top.

This is not General Discussion Jr. If a thread is more appropriate for that forum, that is where it goes.

Ya vol.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
All you threads are belong to us

Where might we members find these hometown rules?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I was wondering how the 10th planet thread starting having post from other states.  I thought the damn Active Topics got turned on again.  Then I noticed it said "General Discussion" and I was like, WTF?  I know this wasn't in GD before?!

So it sounds like the HTFs will become ghost towns for the most part.  The majority of the stuff discussed here is not necessarily 100% related to the state itself.  Right now, 11 of the 25 links on the first page could easily be considered GD and not HTF.  Sure, they deal with someone from WA, but they could be anything.

It seems the HTFs have suffered from their success.  I scan the GD, but I give up after the 2nd page.  There is just too much crap happening to fast in there.  No way to keep up.  Some of the topics I like, but mostly I'd rather hang out in here and talk to you jokers!  Even if it is the same stuff being discussed in GD.

Here is another observation.  How about all the firearms related questions in GD?  Shouldn't they also be kicked around to their proper forums?  Shouldn't all the "9mm vs 45 ACP" be moved to the ammo discussion under the Handguns forum?  Shouldn't all the Q's about AKs be moved to the AK forums?  

Welcome to dulls-ville, population declining every day....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Welcome to dulls-ville, population declining every day....

I just paid for another year........

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is another observation.  How about all the firearms related questions in GD?  Shouldn't they also be kicked around to their proper forums?  Shouldn't all the "9mm vs 45 ACP" be moved to the ammo discussion under the Handguns forum?  Shouldn't all the Q's about AKs be moved to the AK forums?  

Look closer, that is being done.

It works for me.

Now had astronomers in WA, say over at WSU been out in the corn field one night drinking 30 packs of Rainer looked up and found that planet then it would have been a WA topic.  Right?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Orders from the top. This is not General Discussion Jr. If a thread is more appropriate for that forum, that is where it goes.

JAFO= Just Another Friggin Officer

Hmmmmmm. Lt Calley? Is that you?!?!??!?

C'Mon man.....if it's started by a WA team member, in the WA forum....doesn't that imply the poster wants to obtain a REGIONAL point of view??????

Huh? How's that for shithouse lawyerin'?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Talking about weird stuff... I cannot e-mail people anylonger.   And I cannot subscribe to new threads anylonger.   Any changes in policy?    
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
K, so I cut down posting to anywhere except my forum and here, no it looks like posting here is out of the question.

Tweak, do you have another forum?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:14:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
C'Mon man.....if it's started by a WA team member, in the WA forum....doesn't that imply the poster wants to obtain a REGIONAL point of view??????

I agree. If I post something in GD it's because I want it there. Generally any technical questions go in the tech forums but sometimes I want a LOCAL opinion for a reason and I'll post it in HTF. There shouldn't be anything wrong with that.

Next thing you know we'll have to take everything to chat
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#18]
A little organization never hurt anybody.

There are things I want to share with the locals, because I know them, and I know their interests. I want them to see it, as opposed to throwing out into GD and hoping they catch it.

As a suggestion, it doesn't seem unreasonable to post it in GD or the appropriate tech forum and drop a note in the HTF to bring it to Team WA's attention. If that's not OK, I'll learn to live with it.

I've seen people post in GD and get flamed for a thread that the general population doesn't understand or doesn't care about. I know some members just don't read GD.

Then there are Olympic Arms threads. Guaranteed to bring massive flames when posted in any forum except maybe WA, where it only brings large flames, LOL.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I mostly stay out of GD because there is too much BS to try to weed out. I much rather see what the locals are up to. If someone wants to talk/share about something from their personal life here in WA then I don't think it would be cool to move it to GD. Even though it could have been posted in GD. My $0.02.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
chilirat.com/post_images/work_hard/dont_work_too_hard.gif

How in the hell did you get a video of me at work!?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There are things I want to share with the locals, because I know them, and I know their interests. I want them to see it, as opposed to throwing out into GD and hoping they catch it.

Then there are Olympic Arms threads. Guaranteed to bring massive flames when posted in any forum except maybe WA, where it only brings large flames, LOL.

I leave that discretion up to your mod.If it is something serious like divorce,illness,etc and you want to keep it out of GD,I am sure JAFO will leave it here.
The name of a 10th planet I do not think would qualify though

And yes,by all means,leave the Olympic threads here as much as possible.Disguise the thread as "Who wants to take a tour of OA?",or something similar if you have to,but try to keep it out of the flammable fora.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#24]
If someone mentiones their state in a GD post, does it get the boot to the appropriate HTF?

[Arsineo Hall] something that makes  you go, hhhmmmmmm. [/Arsineo Hall]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If someone mentiones their state in a GD post, does it get the boot to the appropriate HTF?

[Arsineo Hall] something that makes  you go, hhhmmmmmm. [/Arsineo Hall]

Oh no...I've gone Crosseyed
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I leave that discretion up to your mod.If it is something serious like divorce,illness,etc and you want to keep it out of GD,I am sure JAFO will leave it here.
The name of a 10th planet I do not think would qualify though

And yes,by all means,leave the Olympic threads here as much as possible.Disguise the thread as "Who wants to take a tour of OA?",or something similar if you have to,but try to keep it out of the flammable fora.

Perhaps a NERD forum?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Too much moderation is a bad thing too.

I enjoy posting in the hometown forum because I've shared beers and lunch with many of the guys here at LCR and GF shoots.  I enjoy their company, opinions and discussions.  For me..it allows me to add some context because I know what some of them would say in real life.  Some of us are meeting a few times a month to shoot, shoot the shit, etc.

All I ask is that this forum NOT be castrated because of moderator power tripping.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#28]
All Olympic Arms threads in the WA HTF...... This is gonna be great!!!

I wonder when they'll start moving them in?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I miss my PCR99.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#30]
It's not kidnapping, it's sending them to concentration camp. Like it, you will !

We live in oppressive times. We have, as a nation, become our own thought police; but instead of calling the process by which we limit our expression of dissent and wonder "censorship," we call it "concern for commercial viability."
* David Mamet

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I miss my PCR99.  

I'd sell you my PCR-00, but then my ARF name would be ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

JAFO is a quiet,nice and friendly person,definitely on no power trip.He "ain't" going to castrate no HTF.I don't think he would want to touch "the things" that come off when you castrate something!.Right Jimbo?

JAFO is good people. He's the kind of guy who goes to bat for his friends.

All the WA people I have met are first rate in my book. I've seen just about everybody get raked over the coals either in the HTF or at the events, or both. Getting into each others shit is part of the fun, but a rather annoying part of it, at times. I know some people don't like each other as well as they might, but this ain't anyplace to have a thin skin.

In my case, I've tried to let everybody know I have PTSD and I know I get intense sometimes. I hope that everyone can bear with me, but I understand it when they want to take a break from me. I'm just another person, no better, and sometimes a little worse than most.

There is one moderator who knows how to deal with people. When I drop into his forum and create a disturbance, he edits my posts. The last one he changed to "IM me for Hot Gay Sex". That's cheating, but he knows how to win an argument. LMAO!

Good luck moderating the forum, JAFO...better you than me!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top