Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 8:36:29 AM EDT
Now that Lone Star Guns is down and out for a while, who has stripped lowers for sale in the N. Dallas area for a decent price?  Megas, RRA, DPMS, etc.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried   www.cheaperthandirt.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
looking for somewhere in N. Dallas.  CTD is in Ft. Worth.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Touchy Touchy...... I guess you want to walk there not drive....LOL
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, since I drive a pickem up truck and the price of gas being so high, it would be cheaper to have one shipped and pay the transfer fee than to haul my ass out to FTW.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess...... that must make since to you..... Anyway I have a friend in Grand Prairie that is a dealer and he had a few for sale a week or so ago but I just got off the phone and he has none left..... Mail order might be your best bet since your truck don't make gas......
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
 If you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, the Market Hall show will be in town.  There are usually a couple of vendors selling several brands of lowers for around $100.

mm
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The dude don't have any gas for his truck man.... He don't want to drive anywhere.... He wants some place closer to his house like across the street.... or he will just order it thru the mail and pay the shipping charges.... LOL... LOL...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Priorities, my man, priorities.  Gas or lowers, gas or lowers, hmmm..which one should I choose

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Anybody pick up any lowers at the Ft. Worth fun show this past weekend?  What were the prices like.  I guess I will have to pick up my lower at the Market Hall show.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Craig Simpson may have some....he's just north of us in Anna, TX.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Check out Lone Star Wholesale.  He's not "open to the public", but he may be able to do a deal if you're willing to visit him in The Colony.  Prices are not unbeatable, but when I figure s&h, transfer fees, or a trip to CTD, its pretty much a wash.  I bought a DPMS from him a couple weeks ago.  It was less than 10 miles for me.  Good Luck!  Keep us posted.

P.S.  I ordered some stuff from CTD - had it shipped cuz it wasnt worth my time/gas to drive out there.  Shame they aren't in North Dallas, Lewisville area.  They have a real good deal on TreBark AR15 mag pouches... $4 for a 3-pack.  Also about the same for a 3-pack of 223/308 cleaning kits... not great but small and feild expedient.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Yo commanderjb

I have an extra I can sell as a complete lower or stripped if you cant find one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Check out Lone Star Wholesale.  He's not "open to the public", but he may be able to do a deal if you're willing to visit him in The Colony.

That is who I get them from at gun shows.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I expect that he will be at Big Town this weekend, which is a superior show to Market Hall(next weekend).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I expect that he will be at Big Town this weekend, which is a superior show to Market Hall(next weekend).

Huh?  The last few times I have been to the Big Town show it has sucked.  It keeps getting smaller and smaller, with less and less to offer.  I think there was one, maybe two tables with AR parts.  What a waste of $7 to get in.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I hope you got that backwards.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#17]
timanator, what make of lower do you have for sale ??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I rarely do gunshows... havent done Market Hall in at least 20 years if ever.  Last one I did was BigTown a year or so ago, and while it was OK (picked up my P-32), it wasnt all that.  I'm planning to go to Market Hall cuz I hear its lots better.

My Model1 de-ban M4gury kit arrived last nite.... I'll be needing some M193 real soon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:59:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, if you clicked the link to his site, you would see his gun show schedule, and yes, he will be at both Big Town & Market Hall. He might be sold out by the time Market Hall comes.

As for Big Town being superior, that is wrong. Big Town has gone downhill in recent years. I rarely go anymore, unless I want something specific and know the vendor will be there. Market Hall Rules.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I called him around lunch time.  He said that he would be willing to meet me to pick up my lower w/collapsable stock of course .  Don't want to wait till the last minute to try to pick one up.  
Now I will have two ARs instead of one and a half ARs.  This is so cool because I'll finally have an M4 profile AR and just for $hits and giggles I'm going to get a bayonet for it .
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
timanator, what make of lower do you have for sale ??

It's not for sale, just available to Jason if he really needed one.

It's a new logoed RRA.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the replies.  I think I will wait for the Market Hall show and see if I can pick up one of the Mega Gator lowers.

JB out

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:Huh?  The last few times I have been to the Big Town show it has sucked.  It keeps getting smaller and smaller, with less and less to offer.  I think there was one, maybe two tables with AR parts.  What a waste of $7 to get in.  

I should have known better than to issue an unsolicited opinion in a thread like this

I used to think that Market Hall was mecca, but over the years like all gunshows it has gotten more and more watered down with the same old shit show after show. Nazi shit, beanie babies,fishing baits, $5 switch blades,coins,stun guns,purses,t shirts,rattle snake heads ,cane toad coin purses and the whole raft of top secret ninja shit to include ben wa balls and nun chucks in a variety of enameled flavors. In the end out of the 1800 tables at Market Hall 1400 of them either have the same old wore out shit ( alot of which isn't even for sale to mere mortals)that they had at the last 50 shows or the afore mentioned Chinese bullshit and trinkets. As an additional side note I was proud to note at the last Market Hall show that I attended that the double dickheads from AJAX had split the sheets.

Now since I have to drive from Longview , Big Town is much closer and out of their 1000 tables they have about the same 400 GUN related tables . Some shows are better than others and you will see some of the same old shit here too(like all gunshows), but to ME it is a better show.I look for this show in particular to be a good show and I would expect Market Hall to be better than usual next weekend. You of course are welcome to your opinions.

Oh and Commanderjb........maybe you should change your avatar to read"Have GAS will travel"
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
As an additional side note I was proud to note at the last Market Hall show that I attended that the double dickheads from AJAX had split the sheets.

Ok, color my clueless, but what the heck does that mean anyway?

Oh, and what you described is the same old crap I see at Harley Swap Meets most of the time these days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ok, color my clueless, but what the heck does that mean anyway?

Oh, and what you described is the same old crap I see at Harley Swap Meets most of the time these days.

AJAX sold grips,accessories and misc. bits and without fail had the shittiest attitude of any group of gun accessory peddling m'fers I have ever come in contact with. My guess would be that inflated ego's got in the way of this operation.YMMV

I wouldn't know about Harley swap meets but if they have all that shit it would be a good reason not to go.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:30:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Anybody local carry the Mega lowers?  WIll they be at the Market Hall show?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#27]
commanderjb,
      I've wanted a Mega lower marked in .50AE caliber so I talked to Tommy @ Georgia Precision.  He can get them, but there is a onetime setup charge of $50.  I didn't know if you needed the lower for 5.56 or another caliber.  I thought I would at least ask.  I'm trying to find at least one other person needing this lower so I can at least cut the $50 charge in half.  Just a long shot.
                  Peace,
                        Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well I guess...... that must make since to you..... Anyway I have a friend in Grand Prairie that is a dealer and he had a few for sale a week or so ago but I just got off the phone and he has none left..... Mail order might be your best bet since your truck don't make gas......

or just go to mesquite this weekend and be swamped with ar deals
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#29]
plarkinjr,

a skip down 121 and now my wallet is empty.  

thanks for the tip!

Quoted:
Check out Lone Star Wholesale.  He's not "open to the public", but he may be able to do a deal if you're willing to visit him in The Colony.  Prices are not unbeatable, but when I figure s&h, transfer fees, or a trip to CTD, its pretty much a wash.  I bought a DPMS from him a couple weeks ago.  It was less than 10 miles for me.  Good Luck!  Keep us posted.

P.S.  I ordered some stuff from CTD - had it shipped cuz it wasnt worth my time/gas to drive out there.  Shame they aren't in North Dallas, Lewisville area.  They have a real good deal on TreBark AR15 mag pouches... $4 for a 3-pack.  Also about the same for a 3-pack of 223/308 cleaning kits... not great but small and feild expedient.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
plarkinjr,

a skip down 121 and now my wallet is empty.  

thanks for the tip!

Glad to help you empty your wallet!  He seems like a pretty nice guy, and happy for the business.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#31]
well i picked up my lower on wed.  i now have a brand spanking new M4 profile CAR15 .  now i'm broke as a joke because i had to outfit it with all the cool toys.  i got a first samco foregrip, handle, flashlight holder and a mepro 21 reflex sight.
so much for the two gun shows comeing up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Dragonfire, I am looking for the 5.56 Mega Gator lower.  Anybody sell them in DFW?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Dragonfire, I am looking for the 5.56 Mega Gator lower.  Anybody sell them in DFW?

www.members.aol.com/blackthree2001/yes.jpg

I have not seen any Mega's being sold at shows. Only DPMS, Bushmaster and RRA and also Double Star(Which is nice)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top