Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:24:57 AM EST
I live in Troy, and the selection at Olde English is rather limited. They do not carry Reloader 15, nor anything Vihta Vuori, nor Remington rifle primers, which is what I need.

Who has a better selection within 1 1/2 hours of Dayton? I hate to buy powder and primers through the mail. That $20 UPS hazmat fee per package makes buying a pound of powder for load development a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:58:21 AM EST
Best I've found is to wait for Bill Goodman show at Hara.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:59:28 AM EST
Bass Proshop in Cincy...Call first I find some things they have, but stock comes and go's. I have wasted a lot of time driving there and finding things out of stock. I always call first now.

Target World (Indoor range at 75 & 275). Call first again unless you are gong there to shoot already. I have bught a lot there, but usually only b/c I was in the neighborhood. What they have seems random and sometimes I worry about the turnover rate on some items.

What we usually do is go to Cabelas (Dundee, Mi - Just north of Toledo) twice a year. We always take our kids there on their birthdays and do a little birthday shopping, then load up the truck with reloading supplies. That have just but everything usually.

Just some of my thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:43:35 AM EST
Is Target World in Columbus?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:51:45 AM EST
Wher you at in Troy? I be 3 places south of Cookson Elementary main door.....

Target World is at I-75 & 275 in Sharronville.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:53:53 PM EST
New Carlisle Shooters Supply in the shopping center across from Martin Chevrolet on State Route 235 (937-849-1718) will probably order whatever you want - call them and ask. Their prices are generally better than English, but their inventory is limited. I believe that I saw some Reloder 15 the last time I was in there. They also keep Hodgdons and some IMR but they don't stock any VV. I don't remember Remington primers, but they will probably bring them in if they can.

Their hours are 1:00 to 6:00 M-F & 1:00 to 5:00 on Sat. They handle transfers for $25.00.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:34:48 AM EST
I'll check with New Carlisle. I found Jim's Guns in Beavercreek will order whatever I need for cost + a reasonable markup. I think he drives to pick up his shipments, because he didn't quote me the $20 UPS hazmat fee.

He quoted me a 5 lb jug of RL-15 for $100 in my hands at his store. That's one hell of a good price, considering that most mail order houses have RL-15 jugs for $90 to $95 and then you need to add freight + hazmat.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top