Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 4:24:57 AM EDT
I live in Troy, and the selection at Olde English is rather limited.  They do not carry Reloader 15, nor anything Vihta Vuori, nor Remington rifle primers, which is what I need.

Who has a better selection within 1 1/2 hours of Dayton?  I hate to buy powder and primers through the mail.  That $20 UPS hazmat fee per package makes buying a pound of powder for load development a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Best I've found is to wait for Bill Goodman show at Hara.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Bass Proshop in Cincy...Call first I find some things they have, but stock comes and go's.  I have wasted a lot of time driving there and finding things out of stock.  I always call first now.

Target World (Indoor range at 75 & 275).  Call first again unless you are gong there to shoot already.  I have bught a lot there, but usually only b/c I was in the neighborhood.  What they have seems random and sometimes I worry about the turnover rate on some items.

What we usually do is go to Cabelas (Dundee, Mi - Just north of Toledo) twice a year.  We always take our kids there on their birthdays and do a little birthday shopping, then load up the truck with reloading supplies.  That have just but everything usually.

Just some of my thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Is Target World in Columbus?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Wher you at in Troy?  I be 3 places south of Cookson Elementary main door.....

Target World is at I-75 & 275 in Sharronville.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
New Carlisle Shooters Supply in the shopping center across from Martin Chevrolet on State Route 235 (937-849-1718) will probably order whatever you want - call them and ask.  Their prices are generally better than English, but their inventory is limited.  I believe that I saw some Reloder 15 the last time I was in there.  They also keep Hodgdons and some IMR but they don't stock any VV.  I don't remember Remington primers, but they will probably bring them in if they can.

Their hours are 1:00 to 6:00 M-F & 1:00 to 5:00 on Sat.  They handle transfers for $25.00.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll check with New Carlisle.  I found Jim's Guns in Beavercreek will order whatever I need for cost + a reasonable  markup.  I think he drives to pick up his shipments, because he didn't quote me the $20 UPS hazmat fee.

He quoted me a 5 lb jug of RL-15 for $100 in my hands at his store.  That's one hell of a good price, considering that most mail order houses have RL-15 jugs for $90 to $95 and then you need to add freight + hazmat.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top