Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2007 6:19:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There is one number i know to call but it is at wor kand i dont have it with me. Just call the main fdle number and ask for the consumer information side of the firearm purchase program, and they will get you taken care of. I nthe mean time since this has happened once I highly reccommend you get a U.P.I.N. If you google FBI UPIN it is the first page that comes up in the search and is like a second SS# and will keep this from ever happening again. Just call the FBI number after you talk to FDLE and tell the FBI you would like them to send you a UPIN packet i the mail.

FBI UPIN #  1-877-444-6427

FDLE # 1-850-410-7000 main info number
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Were you denied or was it a "Conditional" denial? I've had an increased number of "Conditionals" when calling in NICS checks even on folks with a FL CWP. It's no doubt due to the VT masacre. If your dealer isn't knowledgeable, then he may have just told you "Denied" Typically a "Conditional" results due to the lack of a response by another states database or a possible name match in another states database. Usually within a few hours to 72 hours, FDLE will call back the dealer with an approval. Your dealer needs to call FDLE and make certain that he is clear on the response. He has a pamplet that he can give you if it was indeed a "Denial" that details the appeal process.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You got denied or did you get a 3 day hold put on you ? I had some trouble with FDLE for a while every now and again they would put a 3 day hold on me . I called FDLE and talked to the supervisor in charge of the back ground CKs . Found out what the hold up was and got it corrected . You could ask the FFL that called it in to call back and ask to speck to the supervisor on that shift . They should be able to tell you what's keeping you from getting the gun .
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top