Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:21:53 PM EDT
Just transferred to Ft. Hood.
Where are the best places to shoot and buy firearms in Ft. Hood area???
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Monday we shot at Tony's range on 183, just about 10 miles North of Hwy 29.  It is pretty close to Kileen.

Keith
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of Shooting do you do?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Just casual shooting for the most part...
Mostly rifle and pistol, but occasionally skeet.

I've heard that there is a club in Cove.  Know anything about it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Copperas Cove Pistol Club. I am a member. We do pistol matches the 2nd Saturday ea. month and 3 gun matches the 4th saturday each month. Check out Yahoo groups copperascovepistolclub. As for skeet there is the rod and gun club on Fort Hood and Webers new gun range just north of Temple. You can shoot at the Ft. Hood Pilot Knob range also, but the registering junk Ft. Hood makes you do isn't worth it. The Copperas Cove Pistol club is putting on their monthly 3 gun match the 25th. Go by and check it out. The guys will answer any quetions. I have to go out of town so I will not make this one but Loyd and the other guys will give you any help they can. To get to Loyd's range take hwy190 into cove. At the diamond Shamrock take fm116south. go out about 5 or 6 miles until you hit Boys ranch road. turn right. the range is on the corner of  FM116 and Boys ranch road. you can't miss it. Matches start about 0830.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top