Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2013 12:51:17 PM EDT
Just moved up to Layton from SLC, and I'm looking for a good local place to go shooting... indoors would be nice, but inexpensive would be better. I've seen a couple of places, but wanted to see if anyone on arfcom had an opinion .
I'm pretty near Salvo Guns, but their prices seem a bit high, esp. coming from Lee Kay and Doug's as my previous standbys. I've also found the Davis County Rifle Range (run by the Wasatch Shooters Association, wahsatchshooters.com. They seem to have pretty decent rules/restrictions/hours, and the cost is actually a bit lower than I'd expect.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey, I live in Layton too. You've pretty much nailed the locations. There's a new range on Hill Fields Rd., next to the DI. Red Dot Firearms. Get a year membership to the Wahsatch range. I think it's about $45.

Red Dot Pricing:

Single Handgun Shooter: $13.00

Second Handgun Shooter (same lane): $7.00

Single Rifle Shooter: $15.00

Second Rifle Shooter (same lane): $9.00

Single Handgun Rental: $15.00

Unlimited Handgun Rental: $30.00

Single Rifle Rental: $25.00

Unlimited Rifle Rental: $45.00

Another option is to go to Impact Guns up in Ogden.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Wahsatch Shooter Association.  $45.00 for the family for a year!  Beats the hell out of all the others in town for the price.  I'm sure that indoor ranges are very expensive to build, but they have priced me out of their use.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Wahsatch Shooter Association.  $45.00 for the family for a year!  Beats the hell out of all the others in town for the price.  I'm sure that indoor ranges are very expensive to build, but they have priced me out of their use.

Yeah, Wahsatch is the place to go... just don't think too much about their spelling. lol.

Cost of building + insurance costs are what keep prices up high at indoor ranges... plus in the winter most people don't wanna be outside. I think I'm gonna invest in a good portable heater for next winter :-)
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll third Wahsatch.  Deployed at Hill AFB at the moment and have been there shooting a lot this year.  good place, good people...

been over in Nevada quite a bit as well and there's so much open public land out there you can shoot pretty much anywhere you want to just outside most towns.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top