Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 10:52:49 AM EDT
I was wondering where would be a good place in the north Dallas area to have night sights installed for my HK Compact? I haven't purchased them yet seeing as they might be cheaper to buy where they'll be installed, just not familiar enough with the area to know who is a reputable gunsmith who can install these rather quickly. Don't want to wait a couple of weeks for sights to be installed. lol Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Moe!  (Just couldn't resist the 3 stooges reference ).  I would send you to Lone Star Guns, but seeing as they are closed due to fire, check with the guys at  Bullet Trap.  I believe they have an HK sightpusher.  Also try CCGR.  Gunmaster might be a shot but everytime I go there they tell me their smith is way too busy.

JB

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks JB, BT doesn't do smith work according to them, I can buy there but can't get them installed there. :( I may try CCGR or wait until LSG opens back up, I was actually planning on stopping there for the first time this week but with the fire that's been postponed. I'll just make do with the stock sites for now, although on some of those BT lanes the night sights could sure help! lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Moe,
      Try Gene @ CCGR.  He's very good and very reasonable.  We still need to get together to shoot.  Holler when you can.
             Peace,
                  Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Dragon, will have to get up there one of these weekends. Not sure if I can get up there this weekend, wife wants to go out in the boat since last weekend was a bust for us. I'll shoot you an IM if I can get up there Saturday, would probably be early, like when they first open. My contact info is on the contact list if you need to get a hold of me offline.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If you need night sights we can do it. We are Williams Gun Repair and can do overnight if necessary. Gene is the smith at CCGR, Collin County Gun Range in McKinney or we can do it at the shop with parts in hand. Give us an e-mail @ [email protected] . Our loyal customers will tell you we are the full service smith in Collin County.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Once I get the sites in hand I will contact you for more information. I'm currently looking into best prices for Meprolight's and of course a way to swing it past the wife. ;) Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Jailcop - mail sent

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top