Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:10:39 AM EDT
Adco is back ordered again.

Anyone know another place to get the RRA 9mm conversion magazine block for close to the same price?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Spike's.

Got pics?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I will never give spike the time of day let alone business.

Besides they will never answer the phone even if I wanted to order from them.

I am holding off on pics until I get a call from our local crack dealer.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]
What's wrong with them?

I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, I'd just like to know what you know that I don't.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What's wrong with them?

I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, I'd just like to know what you know that I don't.

It took him damn near a year to get a factory SBR'd lower from Spikes that when he ordered it, it was supposedly in stock.  It wasnt in stock, when it finally came about they sent it to the wrong address.   In the end they made everything right but from the order date to the pick up date once the form 4 went thru it was close to ta year which should have been MUCH shorter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd seriously recommend the Hahn top load block over the RRA. Its a bit more money but it will work 10 times better in the gun and be much more reliable. The new top loads have last round bolt hold open now too. The RRAs work OK but still cause intermittent problems. Its a get what you pay for/buy once cry once thing.
Just my .02 from my own experiences
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Todd, while I don't disagree with you about the buy once pay once, I was going to get the RRA because it's going with a factory RRA. My thought was to get the one that was made to go with it.

In this case the $50 more is not the issue.

I would actually like to have had both so I could test both. However I haven't been able to find someone with one who will let me try it out.

One question: is the top load easily removable?  My SBR lower does double duty as a .22 upper as well.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a top load Hahn I couldn't get to run and the RRA I replaced it with had no problems.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had a top load Hahn I couldn't get to run and the RRA I replaced it with had no problems.

YMMV

Do you still have both?  I would love to try out both in my lower with my upper.

*this is not a WTB add. (that will come later in an I'm!  JK)

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#9]
The top load Hahn requires removing the bolt hold open roll pin to put it in and take it out, doesn't it?  The RRA just requires loosening a hex screw, and it drops right out when you push the mag release.  Plus, the RRA can be dropped down to make C Products mags run.  That's what I use - exclusively use C Prod 9mm mags with zero hiccups w/RRA blocks.

I have three RRA blocks.  I got all three from ADCO - backordered and waited.  No one else touches the $140 price (plus only $4 S/H).  Last time I checked, RainierArms had some in stock, as did Spike's, but they are both selling them for about $160-170 shipped.

ETA: Just checked, and Rainier is out of stock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I knew the C products mag blocl required the roll pin to be removed but wasn't sure about the hahn.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Only the Hahn dedicated requires the removal of the bolt hold open pin. The top and bottom load are easily removable. The bottom load Hahn is more like the RRA but I have no experience with it. My last 9mm I used the top load and it worked flawlessly. This time I went with the dedicated and regret it since it is a bitch to remove. The RRA blocks I have used have always been intermittently problematic to where as the Hahns have always worked flawlessly. But to an average shooter the RRA may be fine. I tend to shoot way more than the average person and hence see more malfunctions. My RRA would never work in select fire modes. The Hahn worked fine all the time with all mags. But like someone said....YMMV....just wanted to offer my .02
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Select-fire.  Man, I wish I had that to worry about.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought the Hahn top load from brownell's

now just to get the buffer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I recommend the Spikes or Slash Heavy dedicated 9mm buffer. The Hahn buffer sold in Brownells also works well. Its the one I ran in my last 9mm gun.The RRA is nice if you are going to swap uppers and don't want to change buffers though. I also use the Wolff XP buffer spring.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
spike's isn't making their heavy buffer any more.  they only have the 4.3 ounce with the spacer.  http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=235

Brownell's was out of the hahn buffer.  I am probably going to have to get the slash.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes......thats the one from Hahn. I think its actually a better one than the Spikes or Slash. It has a reciprocating weight that smooths out the impulse and has no bolt bounce.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV

Do you still have both?  I would love to try out both in my lower with my upper.

*this is not a WTB add. (that will come later in an I'm!  JK)

Sorry, it's gone...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Ah crap, I saw your post in the Spike's forum and IMed you.  I didn't see the thread where someone had already pointed out the Slash Q buffer.

For the record, I love my Spike's ST-9Xs.  Work awesome.  The Slash Q buffer appears to be the same thing, only a dollar or so more when you add in shipping.  If Spike's stopped making it, I guess there's only one option now for a long 9mm SS buffer.

I also run a standard RRA 9mm buffer with a Spike's ST-BS spacer, and that works great as well in my 9mm AR pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top