Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2005 8:24:13 AM EDT
I am sick of getting ripped off here in Marco/ Naples area!
Ft. Myers too. Everbody here wants $600+ for new Glocks.
Miami guys, who has em' for $499? I heard a place called Police Supply or Police Suppliers
in Miami. Hook a brutha' up..Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I generally avoid gunshops like the plague because the best best deals are usually found in the online classifieds, such as our very own AR15.com Equipment Exchange.  

However, I recently ordered a Kahr K9 Elite with night sights for almost $300 under MSRP from these guys:   http://911store.biz/index.html   Before I ordered, I called every Kahr dealer in S. FL, and this place offered the best price by far.  Most local dealers weren't much below MSRP ().  A few of the dealers called me back trying to play the car salesman game of "oh, the boss said we can give you a little better price," but IPS/1911Store offered me the best price on the first inquiry, with no f'ing around.  To me that says a lot.  

Note: I haven't gotten the Kahr in yet, but the guy I dealt with (Giovanni) has been very pleasant to deal with so far, and he told me right up front that it would be several weeks before the gun came in.   I'm not in a huge hurry, so it's not a big deal to me, but I just wanted to clarify that the deal isn't complete yet so I can't give "complete" feedback on them yet.  I don't know if they sell Glocks (or why anyone would want a f'in Glock anyway ) but you might give them a call.  

Good luck.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently purchased a new Glock 17 from Lou's in Hialeah for $479.00.
That is their regular price. No haggling...
Seth
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I recently purchased a new Glock 17 from Lou's in Hialeah for $479.00.
That is their regular price. No haggling...
Seth

Thats what I'm talking about. Not enough dealer competition on the SW Gulf Coast
to keep prices down. I will check Lou's out...Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was looking for my Kahr, I called Lou's too.  Their price was decent, but not the best.  

But they also were right up front with their price & didn't f# around like some of the other shops did.  

MTUSA, are you a MT expatriate?  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When I was looking for my Kahr, I called Lou's too.  Their price was decent, but not the best.  

But they also were right up front with their price & didn't f# around like some of the other shops did.  

MTUSA, are you a MT expatriate?  

Yes. I reluctantly left MT for $$$ in Marco Island. FL is nice but looking back
I would rather have less $$ and be in MT. OTH, Its 70 degrees today.
I will say this Our MT. Wallmart gun dept. would rival some "gunshops" here.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL, I'm a MT expat too.  If I could spend spring, summer, and fall in MT, and winter here, it would be the .   Sigh...I miss fresh air and polite people.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
This summer I bought new from Century a 17 and a 19. They were $489.00 each,3 hi-caps with each one. They have a sign in the front window. All 9mm and .40 Glocks are $489.00,all 10mm and 45 are $529.00. All come with 3 hi-caps. HTH,Nick
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on IPS in hollywood. I have delt with them for years and they are a good store. Call them and ask for either GIO or GENE and these guys will steer you right.. Just about the best prices I have found. NIB GLocks on average $460
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
we sell NIB glocks for $540 for the 9/40/357 frames in Ft Myers. You need to realize something. Glock has one of the lowest mark-ups for pistols. We make less than $100 a gun not too mention you get two free hours on our gun range and a free box of ammo. If someone is willing to sell a NIB glock for $480. Good for him. most people have what's called OVERHEAD. We are the ONLY offical Glock Stocking dealer in the area. We're the only shop with a certfied Glock Armorer on staff as well. if you want guns at cost get an FFL.

J

With this kind of deal why go somewhere else to save  fifty bucks? You would also have a delaer that works with and knows you.  Where is this store I would like to visit there?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 2:40:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
LOL, I'm a MT expat too.  If I could spend spring, summer, and fall in MT, and winter here, it would be the .   Sigh...I miss fresh air and polite people.  

+1 on the polite people
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
we sell NIB glocks for $540 for the 9/40/357 frames in Ft Myers. You need to realize something. Glock has one of the lowest mark-ups for pistols. We make less than $100 a gun not too mention you get two free hours on our gun range and a free box of ammo. If someone is willing to sell a NIB glock for $480. Good for him. most people have what's called OVERHEAD. We are the ONLY offical Glock Stocking dealer in the area. We're the only shop with a certfied Glock Armorer on staff as well. if you want guns at cost get an FFL.

J

With this kind of deal why go somewhere else to save  fifty bucks? You would also have a delaer that works with and knows you.  Where is this store I would like to visit there?

May be Fowler Firearms?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

May be Fowler Firearms?

ya think....  
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#15]
(edited because I screwed up my cut & paste)

I personally don't like to pay any more than I have to, and I will most certainly shop around to save an extra $50.  THe less I spend on one gun, the sooner I can get the next one.  

I understand overhead, and have no problem with gun shops charging more because they have expenses to meet (so long as they aren't trying to charge MSRP, because that I despise)...I just personally choose to shop in a manner which makes my $$ go the farthest, and it's very rare that a gun shop can be competitive enough, price-wise, to get my business.    
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I think you guys are getting ripped off. But, I thought that for years and that's why I'm not in FL anymore. 20 years in Naples was more than enough for me. Just so you know, Oklahoma Police Suppy in Tulsa, OK will sell a NIB Glock for $415. That's not a used police trade in, that's a NIB gun. I don't know if that applies to the .45's or not but that was the price on the 9mm's and .40's.

Also, I spent a month in Crow Agency, MT. I'd take a pay cut in a heartbeat to be there over the Naples area.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Sports Authority in Jacksonville Florida.
499.99 for 9mm and 40 SW Glocks and 549.99 for 45acp Glocks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#19]
i sell glocks 9/40/357 499.00 34/35  465.00
any one selling glocks at less than 442.00 wich is
wholesale is selling l.e. guns that wholesale at
about 380.00 support local gunshops build
a relationship with them you will benefit more
that way  
bill
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#20]
When you factor in free range time vs. shipping and FFL fees to your store its a wash.
Did not know you offered free range time with purchase. I stand very corrected.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#21]
don't forget a free box of ammo which depending on what your buy is $8-$21 value depending on caliber.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#22]
s&w 500; free box of ammo = +/- $50.00.
s&w 41 mag free box of ammo = $49.95
and it ain't cheap lead stuff either!  look beyond the surface.

two hours of free range time w/ each purch. $10-$15 for each 1/2 hour, times(X) four =$40- $60 worth of extra stuff and your first (new gun) shoot is on them (meaning they dont take your range time cards).  an hour or a half an hour they really dont care. you get charged the 1/2 hr rate. (non-clock watchers). just so you know the extent of the free stuff.

ps; "if" you have a three day wait, you can still shoot you gun. BEFORE your pick-up date. not a lot of places can let you do that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#23]

ps; "if" you have a three day wait, you can still shoot you gun. BEFORE your pick-up date. not a lot of places can let you do that.

But....WHO has a 3 day wait for a handgun? Ohhhh....you mean those people that haven't seen the light and obtained....oh, nevermind....no point in rubbing their nose in it.... Mike
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ordnance Outsellers  $470

+1000 on OO
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ordnance Outsellers  $470

+1000 on OO

James is good people. Doesn't hurt that he's local.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#27]
james at OO is the best. Im getting my next sig from him.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I grow tired of the old gun-shop mantra that "we only get x dollars for our product, so you should pay more and like it."  I'm sorry, but why is it so wrong that I want to spend less?  Why am I upset that when I go into a shop, I find used guns that are retailing at $20 less than NIB guns?  Why am I upset that I can't find any decent, not to mention *gasp* good deals?  A used glock shouldnt be more than $350, in 99%.  A NIB should be around $470ish.  Hell, I saw a USED HK usp in .357sig for $650, sheesh.  I paid $700 for a NIB usp 45f.  So, when I shop around for guns, I wouldn't mind a store with decent (READ:  Not great, but not too high) prices.  Sell a NIB glock for around $500, and toss in an extra mag (probably only costs you $10-12, but buys you customer loyalty worth more than the mag).  I don't fault the business for wanting profit, but I won't pay high prices for the same product, because why should I?  The gun shop is the one that should be working for a relationship, NOT ME!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#29]
I got my G23 over at Chiquita Guns over off Chiquita Blvd in Cape Coral for $495.00. I asked him how he was selling them at that price when the others around town were 550+ and he said that he is a one man show and doesnt have to jack his prices for excessive overhead. Swell guy too, gave my daughter a Pepsi and smiled when she snuck under the counter to talk to him :-) Extra points for being a nice guy and I'd buy there again. P.S. Dont bother asking prices over the phone, he wont tell you, he'll just say that they are basically the lowest. and at the time he was.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#30]
You know, some of you guys really crack me up.  You want a NIB Glock for $470 when dealer cost is around $440.  Admittedly, this isn't buying in quantity, but even in quantity, the cost difference isn't that much.  Then you want a 99% used Glock for no more than $350.  So I reckon you would be willing to be the guy to trade his like new gun in at a price the dealer could make a profit on?  Say $300?

I don't think you would want to take at least a $120 loss on a LNIB pistol.  Not many people would, therefore not many 99% $350 Glocks.

The dealer that sold you your HK made about $30.  Dunno how he's keeping his doors open for that.  If he threw in a mag with your purchase, he's in the hole.

Not crapping on your method of buying; everybody wants the best deal, but sooner or later there won't be any dealers in business working on low margins like that.    
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#31]
CDNN Invetsments arent that bad. They usually have very good prices on new pistols and very good prices on used pistols. The only downfall when buying used online from CDNN is that you buy them sight unseen.

James @ OO is a great guy, very professional and prompt. The only thing is, he only sells locally to Tallahassee guys. I'm in Jacksonville and he won't sell to me if I make the drive. I'd have to pay for the pistol+ shipping+tax+FFL. So the deal goes right out the door for us in state guys.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i sell glocks 9/40/357 499.00 34/35  465.00
any one selling glocks at less than 442.00 wich is
wholesale is selling l.e. guns that wholesale at
about 380.00 support local gunshops build
a relationship with them you will benefit more
that way  
bill

+1

It is nice to walk into a shop and get good service from ppl that you have delt with over the years. Ya would be surprised at the "deals" that you may be privy to. Ya cant get that on the net. Plus they are cool places to hang out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You know, some of you guys really crack me up.  You want a NIB Glock for $470 when dealer cost is around $440.  Admittedly, this isn't buying in quantity, but even in quantity, the cost difference isn't that much.  Then you want a 99% used Glock for no more than $350.  So I reckon you would be willing to be the guy to trade his like new gun in at a price the dealer could make a profit on?  Say $300?

I don't think you would want to take at least a $120 loss on a LNIB pistol.  Not many people would, therefore not many 99% $350 Glocks.

The dealer that sold you your HK made about $30.  Dunno how he's keeping his doors open for that.  If he threw in a mag with your purchase, he's in the hole.

Not crapping on your method of buying; everybody wants the best deal, but sooner or later there won't be any dealers in business working on low margins like that.    

My dealer sells the 17s and 19s for 470 all day long, and he can't keep them in stock. I guess he's just going broke and doesn't know it yet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#35]
BIG +1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My dealer sells the 17s and 19s for 470 all day long, and he can't keep them in stock. I guess he's just going broke and doesn't know it yet.

$30 is not profit. How big is his store? How many employees on his staff? People go into business to make money and $30 my friend is not making jack shit.

J

In v_g's defense, this past weekend at the WPB Gun Show, there were 19's, 17's, 23's, 22's in black and OD for $469 NIB. Two mags included.

I was impressed with those prices. Less than I paid at the local Cop Shop, but I like to support the local guys whenever possible. I'd rather fork over a little more cash to help kep the local guy in business.

It's nice to have a place near your home where you can fingerbang/buy accessorires and weapons at competetive prices. The local shop in question has Rem 870 Police shotties NIB for $300. Better than most places online.

Anyone selling a 99% Glock for $350 is a moron and i'm perfectly comfortable with my manhood to seperate some fool from his Glock for $350.

I'll buy them all day long at that price.

HS1

Edited due to
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Lou's iGUNSHOP In Hialeah
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#38]
ill chime in cuz ive been shoopin for the  17 and 19..

the cheapest ive found in town here ( we have 4 major LGS's and several gu/pawn shops)

is a 17 with tan frame for 484$... dont know how many mags.
rest are all 500$ and up.

Now i do not mind droppin the cash for a good gun or deal. What i do dislike is the used car salesmen type, way some run their shops. They want as said above 480+$ fpr a USED glock,no frills  MAYBE 1 mag. yet wont budge on it. tho you bring your used  glock,Hk,Beretta ect in they will lowball you into next year. Then  act like  your  pulling teeth if you ask for  a mag or box of ammo to go with your trade   w/the deal.

To me personally,, they throw in anything free shop t-shirt,box of ammo( if its reasonable like 9mm ect) or a spare mag, i tend to want to shop there more  cuz We both came out ahead. You shouldnt feel like yer over paying or gettin the shaft when your droppin that much flow on  anything!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top