Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2003 8:40:15 PM EDT
I need around 700-1000 rounds of .223 for a weekend long carbine course I am taking next weekend (Sept 6th-7th). Stupid me got caught up in the new semester at CU and neglected to get it ordered online, forgetting Monday is a holiday. Now it's too late to get it shipped here, and I'll have to buy it in person. Anyone know where I can do it? I'm taking a wild guess that when I try Wal-mart in the morning, they'll not like my idea! I live in Boulder, but expect to have to travel for it. Reloads are off-limits according to the instructors. Thanks a BUNCH in advance for ANY leads.

[email protected]   -- NW
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Ordering it from Cabela's and paying the overnight shipping fee might be cheaper than the gas you are going to burn in order to go far enough out of the PRB to buy that much ammo at one store.

2) We still haven't went shooting!
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think that Jensens in Loveland would have it. Give them a call.  

Also, Maybe Lexington arms in Longmont has some.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Inside any good AR15.com member's safe.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
How much you willing to pay?

I have 1000 rounds sitting in an ammo can in the safe right now.

I will be nice and give you a deal since you let your ammo supply get so low and forgot about your course. A meer $999.00 if you want it I will even deliver it to you.

No I would try Jensens, Sportsman's wharehouse, or the Sew What store in Northglenn on 104th and Washington talk to Ray he has a guy some where. He usually gets it the same day if he doesnt have it in stock.

KC
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Jensen's should have 1000 rounds for around $180 in stock.

Tell Mike I said hi!

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys,
I went ahead and went to Lexington yesterday. With everything I needed, it cost me a bundle. The .223 by the way was 99.95 per 500 and a free 30rnd mag with every box. So I got two free 30 rounders out of the deal! Of course since I needed green follower mags too, I've wound up with a whole mess of mags laying around, to now include four more! Thanks, again. Im looking forward to this weekend. NW
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Pity it couldn't wait a week; Crossroads show in Denver is next week. I'll be there lookin' for some Wolf.

Where are you usually on campus, North? I'm an enginerd and live in WillVill. We ought to start that CU gun club thing that was being kicked around a while ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pity it couldn't wait a week; Crossroads show in Denver is next week. I'll be there lookin' for some Wolf.

Where are you usually on campus, North? I'm an enginerd and live in WillVill. We ought to start that CU gun club thing that was being kicked around a while ago.

hello enginerd. There is a problem with the gun club, at least for an official one, that the forms need to be turned in way ahead of time. We could still start one for 2nd semester though. In any case we should get together and do some shooting sometime.

edited to add: if you did not figure it out, I am a CU student.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I live in N. Boulder now and commute to campus. When I don't have classes, I'm either in the library or the AROTC lounge room. I check email often though.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok you two. So when are we going shooting? My email is above, or PM me. NW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top