Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 5:46:20 PM EDT
Just want to know who has them, hours etc.

Any Private places to Shoot Full Auto?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I know some of the guys up at Deer Creek Convservation Club outside Fairmount have full-auto and shoot at that range.  It's a "members" range.  I don't know of any other ranges that allow it for sure, but I'm sure there are some others.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Any Private places to Shoot Full Auto?

I shoot my M16 right here in my own yard, but sadly, I don't have the room for multiple shooters.

In the meantime, there's always the Hoosier AR15.COM Shoot on September 18 at TheCommissioners property. We're hoping for quite a few NFA items to show up with their owners.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Buffalo range in ottawa ill allows full auto.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Redbrush Rifle Range, Newburgh (East  of Evansville) has almost a monthly full auto shoot.
Good folks there.
Members can shoot full auto anytime. If you are in the area, let me know, would be proud to take you over.
www.redbrush.org

Thom
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a place called Range Masters (IIRC) in Chesterton and I think they allow full auto and rent out an MP5........
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#6]
www.RangeMasteroutfitters.com

Great range. Was there last sunday. Maybe I'll do the MP5 rental this weekend.

Tim from Full-Auto.com told me that Class 3 is forbidden on IN DNR ranges. Ever rapid fire of semi-autos is not allowed. I've seen IN DNR range officers at Willow Slough bitch people out for it.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the link CKM!

The range officer at Willow Slough is a first class asshole... that is, if it's the same guy I remember (haven't shot there in years). Other DNR ranges let you slide with the rapid fire so long as you don't go ape shit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know some of the guys up at Deer Creek Convservation Club outside Fairmount have full-auto and shoot at that range.  It's a "members" range.  I don't know of any other ranges that allow it for sure, but I'm sure there are some others.

I shoot there, the FA range is OK but way to short. The club used to let full auto on the 200 yard rifle range but someone let their 1919A4 go over the berm and that ended that...

Better than nothing though!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How does that work since only SOT's and LE can have FA in IL?(or am I mistaken)
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Rangemaster is good for 25 yds

Willow Slough - I would shoot my AR15 faster than 1 round every 2 seconds and wanted me to slow down.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#12]
hey i know that range master at willow slough! hes really not a bad guy but he can be an ass at times maybe something was up with him that day.
i usually go to jasper pulaski if i want a real range but i also have access to a few farms one near burn harbor one in demotte and one in culver. a friend of mine also has access to a farm in shelby and to the valpo pistol club.

the real issue is we need more ranges in northwest indiana that allow rifles.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does that work since only SOT's and LE can have FA in IL?(or am I mistaken)

You gotta show the RO your FFL or your Badge.

Non LE or FFL's residents of other states CANNOT bring their Class 3 to ILL.

We can rapid fire out there, but FA is illegal under state law, and the last time I was out there a local cop drove thru and was asking "Who was shooting the automatic weapon a few minutes ago", after somebody was bump firing.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#14]

I shoot [at Deer Creek], the FA range is OK but way to short. The club used to let full auto on the 200 yard rifle range but someone let their 1919A4 go over the berm and that ended that...

Bummer.  That must be a fairly recent change since the full-auto and suppressed stuff I saw was on the 200 yard range.  Been about 4 years since I've been up there though.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
hey i know that range master at willow slough! hes really not a bad guy but he can be an ass at times maybe something was up with him that day.
i usually go to jasper pulaski if i want a real range but i also have access to a few farms one near burn harbor one in demotte and one in culver. a friend of mine also has access to a farm in shelby and to the valpo pistol club.

the real issue is we need more ranges in northwest indiana that allow rifles.  

Hey bring it on

IM ME

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, come on out to Range Masters in Chesterton.  I usually run the range there on Sat and Sun of each week.  But my day job will keep me flying back and forth to MA through the middle of next year... so some weekends I'll be around and others I won't.

This weekend, 10/2, I should be there both Sat and Sun if anyone wants to come out and shoot full-auto.  I usually have my M16A2 or MP5 there and I'll let any of the AR15.com guys shoot my stuff as long as you buy the ammo.   :)

Tim
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:23:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Bullseye in Kokomo used to allow FA in their 25 yard indoor range.  I'm not sure if they do still.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top