Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 1:44:08 PM EDT
Just noticed in Tapco website and several other vendors that they do not ship M16/Thompson part kits to California.  I thought only Washington had this law.  Or are they just covering their rears?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not illegal as long as you use and possess them wisely (no hi-caps with the kits, don't have a semi-auto version of that weapon where the MG parts could be used, etc).  Tapco (and many others out there) just don't want the hassle of navigating California laws.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Spotsman's Guide is so over the top with what they won't send here, that I finally told them to stop sending me their catalogs!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Spotsman's Guide is so over the top with what they won't send here, that I finally told them to stop sending me their catalogs!

Me too, and Cheaper Than Dirt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sportsman guide jacked a friend in the laguna area by refusing to send him ammo because it was "assault weapon" ammo.  This was after they charged his card.  Assholes.

Same thing with Knights Armament..  I met them several years ago at the Shot show and he looked at my badge which indicated I was in CA and he said "I dont want to do business with anybody from CA" and then walked away.

I also had a prick refuse to ship a 14.5 upper here after I sent him my address and a money order.  ( I was planning on vortexing it) .  He kept claiming it was illegal.      

A definate pattern of people not WANTING to ship to CA can easily be established.

Oh ya, Fuck the NRA too while Im at it.  Had a girl call and ask me to renew.  I laughed and said, what rights are left that your gonna protect for me?  She was silent and then said she understood and said goodbye.

Machine gun parts themselves are NOT illegal to ship to CA.  

We either hang together or we hang seperately.

Rant off
have a great day!
Ron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top