Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 9:40:13 AM EDT
Is there mutch to do up their? I heard the fishing good and it has alot of outdoor stuff to do as well. What are the local towns like, any good gun shows? Nobody I talk to seems to know mutch of anything pretty mutch just rumors that go around.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Northwest washington is a great place to play, Puyallup has a gunshow twice a month and not too far a drive from FortLewis, the down side is the roads are crowded and property is overpriced and the economy is depressed but if you have work then it is a great place to play.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]
tons of pawn shops, and the infamous Bullseye Range of DC "sniper" fame. IM me for more info. heres a pic.
MT. rainier

Ant pile

Range 15 (civie range on Ft. Lewis)+wife
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It sucks.
Stay away.
Much danger.
It rains all the time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It sucks.
Stay away.
Much danger.
It rains all the time.

x2
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
All I want is to get out of fort benning they compairable a all? The local town is like a slum and there isn't to mutch to do either. Hopefully I can get sationed where I put in for.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
tons of pawn shops, and the infamous Bullseye Range of DC "sniper" fame. IM me for more info. heres a pic.
MT. rainier
img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ajm1911/f7a46241.jpg
Ant pile
img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ajm1911/f7a46251.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ajm1911/File0010.jpg

ajm1911

To paraphrase a quote from a bad movie:  I climbed more trees, kicked over higher ant piles than that, and spent more time eating C rations on Ft. Lewis than all you punks combined.  

And I wasn't ever in the Army.

But I did grow up about a lob wedge from the border of it in Spanaway.  Even set off a couple of flares and had the F.D. respond.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is there mutch to do up their? I heard the fishing good and it has alot of outdoor stuff to do as well. What are the local towns like, any good gun shows? Nobody I talk to seems to know mutch of anything pretty mutch just rumors that go around.

Washington's got just about everything you could want. Shall-issue CCW laws, great gun shows, some good ranges, climbing and hiking (Mt. Rainier is considered the toughest mountain in the 48 contiguous states), boating, fishing, hunting, camping, the cities suck, but don't they all. Museums (Museum of flight is very fool, with a SR-71, Air Force One, B-29, etc.)

The sales tax sucks and the majority on the west side of the mountains are Dems, but we have a good chance at a Republican Governor this next election.

Overall I wouldn't live anywhere else.

ed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Some real nice hunting. I especially like pheasant hunting there, even if the birds are only released.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Its a good place, and I would take it over many other bases.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MT. rainier
img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ajm1911/f7a46241.jpg
Ant pile
img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ajm1911/f7a46251.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ajm1911/File0010.jpg

ajm1911

To paraphrase a quote from a bad movie:  I climbed more trees, kicked over higher ant piles than that, and spent more time eating C rations on Ft. Lewis than all you punks combined.  

And I wasn't ever in the Army.

But I did grow up about a lob wedge from the border of it in Spanaway.  Even set off a couple of flares and had the F.D. respond.

Ditto...except for AO  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Ft. Lewis is a great base.  I was also stationed in Hawaii for 8 years.  It is very nice here.  The base is huge.  The BX is like a mini mall.  Best of all, theres a Popeye's Chicken on past.  U can get a CCW easy here, but as for the rules with no firearms or ammos permitted entrance to the bases.  I like it here.  I am no longer in the active service but I love it here, it rains like a mofo, but the summer and the outdoors are prime.

- Manuel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top