Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 2:01:09 PM EDT
I picked up an HK Banner on ebay for $59.99 shipped.  It's made of heavy-duty vinyl with clean lettering and grommeted hang points.  As far as I can tell, it's a real-deal dealer's banner.  It appears to be unused.  24"x48"  Anyone know what the market value one these things is?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
20 bucks,
whatever somebody would pay for it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it looks like market value was 59.99.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, considering that usually the dealers get them for free as advertising, I'd say whatever you paid for it, if you felt it was a good price.  You could probably sell it for 60 bucks to a HK fan on eBay or something.  Maybe more, maybe less.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, considering that usually the dealers get them for free as advertising, I'd say whatever you paid for it, if you felt it was a good price.  You could probably sell it for 60 bucks to a HK fan on eBay or something.  Maybe more, maybe less.

much, better put, what i was thinking about the free part just didnt put it down.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#5]
That's kinda what I was figuring... market value is whatever the bidder ends up paying  In this case, I'm trying to add a little color to my apartment, and I figure the following:

A framed print (I don't like unframed prints on my walls) is something like $30 on the uber-cheap side, and more like $50-70 when you buy print and frame separate.  The typical size is 16 x 20 vertical format.  Lets say I get 'em cheap at $35 framed.  That's 10.9375 cents per square inch.  The banner I bought (yes, I paid a premium) amounts to 5.2083 cents per square inch.  The banner is going in an area where it fits nicely without need for additional wall coverage.  Previously one fallout shelter sign occupied the spot, but I needed more coverage, and so forth bought said banner.  Now I can use the sign in an area which is more appropriate to its size.  All things said, I could expect to drop 2 $35 prints into the area, because the sign is of awkward size and would not fit well with a print (I'm kind of a symmetry freak).  Now, prints are a little more classy than a banner, but the banner says a lot about my character.  I'm a sucker for precision and "Teutonic" engineering.  

Okay, well, maybe I paid too much  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Do you like it, who cares as long as your happy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you like it, who cares as long as your happy.

I paid what I thought still think it was worth.  I'm happy with that.  I started this thread because I was curious to see what kind of prices these things normally go for.  I didn't know that dealers got them for free
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Where do you bike at by the way?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, nothing's Free, of course.  Let's put it this way.  If the dealer is an Authorized HK retailer, which means essentially, he keeps a lot of HK stock on hand, he will usually get a goodie package full of patches, catalogs, stickers, banners, and most importantly, the 'right' to officially put Authorized HK Dealer on his signage, letterheads etc.  (Sometimes they'll get packs like that from mfg's trying to get them to stock their stuff.  But, usually it comes after the dealer has sold $$$ worth of said mfg's stuff.)

Next time you're in a gun store, take a look at what's on the shelves versus what kinds of cool mfg swag is laying around.  I'd bet 2 coppers and a pint of goblin ale that they match up pretty well.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where do you bike at by the way?

My roommate bikes along the MLK and Katy Trails from time to time, but he hasn't gone out in a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top