Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 10:25:38 AM EDT
I know a guy that's been asking about buying a shotgun from me. There's nothign particularly special about it, but he liked it when he used it for clays a couple times. What are the requirements and obligations for a person to person long gun sale in PA? Could I just sell it to him and be done? Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen long guns at yard sales and flea markets. Any legal reason to avoid any of these deals?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Sell away my friend. Sometimes the paranoid keep copies of the buyers DL but other than that go for it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sell away my friend. Sometimes the paranoid keep copies of the buyers DL but other than that go for it.

There's nothing paraniod about copying the buyers DL . If the weapons registered to you and you sell it PTP there's no record of the sale. If the buyer goes nuts and kills people. Guess who the laws coming after . It just make good sense. Better to be safe than sorry.

The only legal reason to avoid this type of sale is if your friends a nut case.  Good luck  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top