Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2004 1:45:44 PM EDT
Gonna be in/around clarksville on and off for the next few weeks, mainly on tuesday, wednesday, and possibly friday nights. Not sure how much free time I'll have, but which gun stores are worth hitting?
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in Nashville but I'm afraid I don't know of any there. Nashville is only 45 minutes or so away from Clarksville, FWIW.

LOTS of doggies there though.    
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I live in Nashville but I'm afraid I don't know of any there. Nashville is only 45 minutes or so away from Clarksville, FWIW.

LOTS of doggies there though.    

I'm not a cop.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm not a cop.

Doggies: men in the Army.   Ft. Campbell is located there, in case you didn't already know.

Bass Pro in Nashville might be worth a lok if you've never been. There's an upscale shotgun/rifle shop in West Nashville called Game Fair (I think) that has nice stuff but I've never been in there so I can't say much about them.

Gun City in Nashville is WAY overpriced. Specialty Arms just outside Nashville on I-24 is the best shop in the area. Pity you (we) can't tour the Barrett plant in Rutherford Co. !

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
there are a lot of soldiers that blow off steam on peachers mill road on the weekends, do you own a crotch rocket?, think you can keep up?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
There is nothing to do in Clarksville that can't be done somewhere else. The only thing close to a gunshop is Grandpa's on Ft Campbell Blvd. There are plenty of bars, pawn shops etc.

You can drive about 1/4 mile of the boarder on Ft Campbell Blvd and go to Lightfighter Tactical. He has a few guns and a lot of webgear in there.

There are the usual franchise resturaunts, Hooters, O' Charlie's, Outback, etc.

Ft Campbell has a small museum.

Are you bringing any guns?

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah there two ranges located here one off of exit 19 and then thiere is one over in Hopkinsville but he is a little high on his fees, but yeah like Jeep 29 said we have the musem on post, and then thier is a indoor range down in Jolten that rents hand guns to shoot, I usally go down there and shoot all day they are pretty cheap on thier rental fees.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Bob didnt realize you were in Nashville I am over in Murfreesboro
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I used to live there when I was married. I also do all the gun shows so I bet we know some of the same people.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to live there when I was married. I also do all the gun shows so I bet we know some of the same people.

ACtually I have only lived in the Boro for about a year going to school here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Take it from someone who spent 5 1/2 years there, Clarksville is a crappy town.  Make the drive to Nashville, you will enjoy yourself much more.  

If you do insist on staying in the Clarksville area, there are a few things to do.

As far as gunshops go, the best in the immediate area is The Shell Shop in Hopkinsville.  They have an indoor range that is very inexpensive, albeit small (two lanes).  They also have a modest selection on hand, but their prices are reasonable.  The are located across from a bike shop behind Applebee's on Hwy 41A, just as you come into town from the south.  The Applebee's is dircetly across from Wal-Mart.

There aren't too many gunshops in Clarksville / Oak Grove.  There is Grandpa's on Hwy 41A, but they don't stock too much.  Lightfighter Tactical in Oak Grove is a must-see.  Other than that, there are mostly pawn-shops, which are scattered around town.  The pawn shop with the best selection will most likely be Eagle Pawn on 41A.  Be forewarned, looking at their price tags can feel like you're being raped.

For food in Clarksville, there are a lot of chain selections, but not much in quality, free-standing, independant restaurants.  If you like Mexican, Pancho Villas is the place to go.  It is located directly across from Ft. Campbell's Gate 4, between U.S. Cavalry and Lightfighter.  If you go for lunch during the week, be prepared to wait a short while, due to the large number of soldiers who eat there.  Their salsa is worth it though.

For entertainment, don't bother, drive to Nashville.  There is nothing in Clarksville besides the mall, the movie theater and a couple strip-joints (and neither of those is populated by overly attractive women).

If you do drive to Nashville to check out guns, you'll have a much better selection.  Here's a short list of what's available, and where they are located.

Academy of Self-Protection - Joelton, exit 35, I-24
Gun Mart - Charlotte Pike
Sporting Arms - Charlotte Pike
Gun City - Murfreesboro Road
Goodlettsville Gun Shop - exit 96, I-65
Guns and Leather - Greenbriar, exit 98, I65, then north a few miles
The Reloader's Bench - Mt. Juliet Rd., I-40 east to Mt. Juliet exit
On Target - Thompson Lane, Murfreesboro, I-24
Franklin Gun Shop - Franklin, I65S to exit 65
Steve's Gun and Archery -Columbia, I65 to exit 46
Specialty Arms II - Lavernge, I24 to exit 66?

Hope that helps.
Frank
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#11]

As far as gunshops go, the best in the immediate area is The Shell Shop in Hopkinsville. They have an indoor range that is very inexpensive, albeit small (two lanes). They also have a modest selection on hand, but their prices are reasonable. The are located across from a bike shop behind Applebee's on Hwy 41A, just as you come into town from the south. The Applebee's is dircetly across from Wal-Mart.

Thanks! I know where that is....I don't have time to drive to nashville; as soon as I get a couple more things done here in the office (uh...hotel room) I'm back at work for an hour, then its back home for school, then back here, then work ALL day tomorrow, then all day the next......but over the next coupla weeks, I might find time for The Shell Shop.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Being it's 10 days later, this may be irrelevant, but Lightfighter is in Clarksville.  Many of  there employees work for Ops.  It's a cool store, mostly knowlegable people.  Also there is US Cavalry.  Both are near gate 4 right outside of post.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#13]
You can drop in and see me... I run the Lightfighter Tactical Showroom.

But alas, 10 days too late.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You can drop in and see me... I run the Lightfighter Tactical Showroom.

But alas, 10 days too late.

Jeremy

Putting ME in a 'tactical showroom' is a joke in and of itself...but I still have several weeks left up there (working on-base some next month, I think) and I may do that, IF I get time.....the job isn't going as smoothly as I had hoped, and when I was ther 2 weeks, ago, I was eating a lot of what SHOULD have been free time, sitting in a hotel-desk office.

I had to skip last week (Low tolerance for motel-room living) but this week I'll be there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top