Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 2:04:49 PM EDT
I know that we are still screwed with getting 30 round mags, but is there anything positive that will happen to those of us enslaved by the Caliban?
Will I be able to put a cool looking collapsible stock on my rifle?
Thx!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
From my understanding, if you have a previously registered AW with CA DOJ, then you will be able to put more evil features on it regardless if it is a postban.  No new AWs, no new mags.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]
That's about the size of it.  If you own a legal AW that is presently a federal post-ban, you'll be able to legally doll it up with all the Evil Features you want.

No more permanently attached muzzle brakes, collapsible stocks allowed.  Unmodified USGI upper on your post-ban lower if you please.

Keep in mind that the price of standard-capacity magazines in normal states will drop to more reasonable levels, so the price of replacement parts should drop as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I predict the price of ARs will fall.

If nothing else pre-bans will be at the very least the price of current post-bans
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
If/when the federal law sunsets, the CA state legislators will immediatly drop everything they are doing to pass more laws to prevent you from doing anything to your registered rifles.  They live, breath and stink like gun control.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder when confiscation will start...
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wonder when confiscation will start...

One day before the revolution.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's about the size of it.  If you own a legal AW that is presently a federal post-ban, you'll be able to legally doll it up with all the Evil Features you want.

No more permanently attached muzzle brakes, collapsible stocks allowed.  Unmodified USGI upper on your post-ban lower if you please.

Keep in mind that the price of standard-capacity magazines in normal states will drop to more reasonable levels, so the price of replacement parts should drop as well.

Okay, let me get this straight:  If one has a registered POST-BAN rifle (one that NEVER had any ASSAULT WEAPON FEATURES) that is in post-ban configuration, one will be able to slap on a collapsible stock and add a flash hider to our existing post-ban this IS REGISTERED?

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#8]
yes.. before 94, there were no "evil features" so if it sunsets, then you can do whatever if it is registered.(in CA)

the CA law only prevents sale of(and the likes) of new ones...but registered existing ones are exempt to the evil feature count in CA making it legal in CA to do whatever you want when the 94 ban has sunsetted..

hello vortex, and hello 6pos stock.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#9]
How would this apply to a MAK-90 with a butthole stock?  Would I be able to install a pistol grip and/or folding stock without changing out other parts for US parts?  
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Since I doubt it's going to sunset, all this is academic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top