Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 4:44:36 PM EDT
Anyone care to convince me one way or the other?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No
No
No
No
No

Would you want to only have a choice between two Dems on a ballot instead of a Dem & Republican?  That could very easily happen under a top two primary system.

It would also kill off 3rd party candidates, you'd never see a libratarian on the general election ballot.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Would you want to only have a choice between two Dems on a ballot instead of a Dem & Republican?  

Thats what I thought.  Voted no, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm voting for it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm voting for it.

Because you like having only 1 choice?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm voting for it.

Because you like having only 1 choice?

Because I don't like having only 1 choice. They should have left our primary system alone. It worked just fine for 70 years.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No
No
No
No
No

Would you want to only have a choice between two Dems on a ballot instead of a Dem & Republican?  That could very easily happen under a top two primary system.

It would also kill off 3rd party candidates, you'd never see a libratarian on the general election ballot.

I was going to vote NO.
Then I saw Gov. Locke's name supporting the NO side.
Then I read the Libertarian's jibberish about why she should be Governor.
Then I VOTED YES.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was going to vote NO.
Then I saw Gov. Locke's name supporting the NO side.
Then I read the Libertarian's jibberish about why she should be Governor.
Then I VOTED YES.

That almost made me change my vote but then I realized that the possibility of getting two democrats on the ticket is worse.  

With all the dems, the capitol and evergreen state college on this side of the state.......
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
If the dems split on two candidates, that leaves our guy to swoop in and take it.

Not that it matters at 10PM.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It's passing, which really sucks.  It isn't LIKELY to result in a Dumb-Dumb ticket, but it is possible.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It isn't LIKELY to result in a Dumb-Dumb ticket

Lets hope not.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
What's likely to happen if it passes is that the parties will no longer have their candidate chosen via a primary election.

They will pick their candidate and they will be on the ballot, I think I read that they can do that.

They call it the Loisuana Primary because that backwards state is the only one in the country to use it.

This is not a partisan issue. All four parties (Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and Greens) oppose 872
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Gee, good thing those same parties just couldn't leave well enough alone. F-tards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top