BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 10:32:05 AM EDT
????
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#1]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Soros gave a bunch of money to help it pass, yet they're supposedly against dark money.

But it's more about redrawing district lines which is what's really scary.  Read about it, it's bad news.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I'm a big no on everything except Prop A, and maybe the bingo amendment.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
NO!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a cluster bomb..  If it passes there will be no survivors.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
This would not be the first time some out of state entity made fools of us here in MO. Reads like good stuff to someone who doesn't know better, like that puppy mill embarrassment.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But it's more about redrawing district lines which is what's really scary.  Read about it, it's bad news.
View Quote
Maybe there were some legit good intentions in it, but giving the unchecked Auditor the power to draw the lines seems like a very bad idea to me.  No.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Maybe there were some legit good intentions in it, but giving the unchecked Auditor the power to draw the lines seems like a very bad idea to me.  No.
View Quote
All part of the long game. You only have to win the office once to change the state once and keep it changed.

Odd that it should just happen to be on the ballot with 3 weed initiatives... Cant think why.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I feel strongly that the three weed initiatives will dwarf the other things on the ballot.  This is the closest we have been to marijuana being legal.  People are foaming at the mouths to get this passed. (Bradshaw one of them).  This will motivate a lot of people to step out and cast a ballot when they normally won't.

There should be no unchecked auditor!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I received a flyer speaking of Amendment 1 and it says:

Eliminates expensive lobbyist gifts ---why would that be bad? Nobody running for an "office" should receive gifts to possibly sway a vote if they do get into office

Limits campaign contributions for state senator and state representative --limited to $2500 and $2000 respectively. How is that bad?

Increases transparency in government -- everybody needs this whether in government or in your job.

Stops politicians from becoming lobbyists (right) after leaving office to wait (2) two years -- Don't know anything about lobbyists and how they make money to grease anybody's palms.

THIS IS THE BIG ONE: Creates a fair, non-partisan process for redistricting --"A non-partisan state demographer will independently draw maps, which are then reviewed by a citizens commission. This ensures lobbyists and political insiders don't unfairly choose their voters." (word for word off the flyer on this)

Are citizen's commissions made up of independent voters that are selected ramdomly outside of a government office to keep it fair and unbiased?

Or, is citizens commission made up of (inside) the office that makes up the work staff of a demographer?

I'm confused on what things are being said to what I'm getting in flyers. What are y'all finding that I'm not seeing, when you're gonna vote the way you do anyway?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
snip

I'm confused on what things are being said to what I'm getting in flyers....
View Quote
I think that a lot of money was spent to ensure we would all be confused. I'm sure it's no coincidence that this is on there along with the weed stuff (X3).

I've learned to just leave shit alone (vote NO) if I don't fully understand it. A lot of dirty money from outside MO has been used to trick us before.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It rests the POWER in the State Auditor (currently a Democratic woman appointed by Nixon) to draw district congressional areas.  Gee, I wonder who this will benefit.  There are already caps on donations to $2,600.00 by individuals and not corporations.  It's all a devious plan by outsiders to gain democratic seats in our house and senate.  Typical democunt attempt to subvert our State's political system to their advantage.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info. This one confused me too!  Sounds good in print, but I was pretty suspicious about that redrawing thing. Good thing I checked it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top