Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:19:04 AM EDT
Who is going this weekend?  I will probably be hanging out with my buddy at his table on Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I diden't know there was a show this weekend.  What are the times? Cost to get in?  Is my 2 year old alowed to come with me?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I diden't know there was a show this weekend.  What are the times? 9-5 Sat & 9-4 Sun Cost to get in? $7   Is my 2 year old alowed to come with me? The kid is welcome (just no touching the guns )and gets in free

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
cool I think I might just have to check it out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there Saturday morning.  Watch for  guy with an MP5 on a sling who may be trying to sell a couple pistols
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If I can get off work on time I may try to head over there sunday and see if I can score anything I need
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I may not make this one, too poor. But I may come anyway.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be looking for a Rem. 700 BDL Varmint or  Savage 12BVSS in 223 or 22-250, If any of you guys on the board have one in excelent conditon to sell bring it along....  Also looking for any orphan Garands in Service Grade or better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi all,

drop by and say "hi", Pat and I will be setup in our usual spot on the east wall next to the knife guys..  Any requests?

cheers,

Mike

P.S.  I'll make someone one heckuva deal on a Zastava M93 50cal!!!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably going on sat AM with a buddy who's looking to sell a Wilson Combat...

Does anyone know if Sherluk will be there?  I'm looking for more M14 parts... (its become never ending... must have more... more... MORE!!!)

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there on Saturday. Once again looking for more ammo. Maybe some Ruger MkII magazines as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I may stop out but who knows, Ill prolly be too hung over after this party Im goin to tonight
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
can't make it this time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#15]
i went bought 2 k31's and some ammo
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Mission complete.
NIB Ruger MkII mags: $17 each. Picked up three.
XM193 lot 106- 500 rounds- $120. A bit more than I was hoping for but I did find some.
3 New 30-round AR15 mags, England man., for my buddy- $15 each
Federal 45ACP, 230g Hydro-Shok-, 50 rounds p/box: $20 each. Picked up three.

A shit-ton of people. As busy as I've seen it in awhile. Not as much ammo as past shows. Didn't see the Sherluk folks. Hell, I didn't even see Mguy. Plenty of sweet 3D laser crystal though.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I was there from 9:30 until 1:00  trying to sell a couple handguns and toting the MP5.  I was surprised by the number of people who commented on it.   There were about a dozen people who would say: "whatcha got on that?" and point at it. All I'd say was "it's not for sale, just looking for parts and accessories."

There were even more folks who knew what it was and stuck up a nice conversation.

Did anyone notice that Morrison guy who is a class 3 owner running for senate?  He was looking for signature to run against Deb Pryce.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Went with my brother today to pick up some ammo and get the sights on my Glock fixed.  Met a couple of folks for the first time, which was cool.  

Quoted:
Hi all,

drop by and say "hi", Pat and I will be setup in our usual spot on the east wall next to the knife guys..  Any requests?

cheers,

Mike

P.S.  I'll make someone one heckuva deal on a Zastava M93 50cal!!!hr

Any luck selling that thing?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I sat at the table most of the day but I did pick up a Winchester Model 68 22RF that was walking around.  I had a hard time not buying one of those $90 SKS's or even a $250 Polish under kit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I was a lil hungover, so no go for me

I was just gonna go to pick up some GP11 so I can shoot my K31 a lil more. But Im not too worried about it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I went Saturday morning also.  I sold my muzzle loader and a stripped Eagle Arms receicer that I wanted to get rid of.  Got what I wanted for both items w/in 15 minues of walking in.  

The funniest thing that I saw was at a table selling some different items and accessories for AR's.  They had a display gun with everything that you could imagine stuck to it.  I'm standing there minding my own business and a urban type felllow with a really nice fur coat said to the man behind the table "Yo, I want dat right there" while pointing at the rifle.  The nice man behind the table gave him the benefit of doubt and showed him where that particular scope was located for sale.  He saw the price and reached for his cash and stated "fo dat whole thing?" as he is chuckling and reaching for his cash.  The man behind the counter said no sir, that is the price for the scope only.  At this point My buddy and I are smiling at each other and then "it" happened.   The master of all thugs said "Naw man, I want dat whole thing wif all dat stuff on it...... how much?"  With a completely straight face, the man running the table looked at him right in the face with a rather amuzing expression and said "Sir, that is a toy gun....being used as a display for the real products that you could put on a REAL gun."  My buddy and I started belly laughing as the individual promptly left the table.

All I could think of was the "AR" with every bell and whisle you could imagine being involved in a serious situation. Mowing down the enemy one 6mm plastic BB at a time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#22]
He should have just sold it to him. "Dat right der?  $2500 out the door. I'll even sell you 5000 rds of ammo for it for $35. No paperwork extra $15."
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I got a 98k with a pristine bore.  Most markings intact, no peened swastikas or anything.

A 98k was the first gun I had my eyes on when I turned 18, 10 guns and 4 years later...I finally got one

There were lots of thugs there today, with similar results as above.  One guy though, not a thug, just looked like a red-neck, walks up to this table next to me and says "Is that an ak or an ar-15?," to which the guy behind the table responded, "niether, its an sks."  In the 1 hour i was there I had 3 experiences that bad...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
walks up to this table next to me and says "Is that an ak or an ar-15?," to which the guy behind the table responded, "niether, its an sks."  In the 1 hour i was there I had 3 experiences that bad...

Why do people that know that little even attend a gun show?  What brought them there?  What are they looking to buy?

I am just baffled when I see and hear shit like this.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I noticed all the thugs too
That was the first Columbus PRO show I went to and it will be the last. I always went to the Hilliard shows and only saw 1 or 2 at the most there ever.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#27]
There was a thug fight Saturday, the Sheriff threw them out.  Apparently Thug A stole some money from Thug B's babies mama while at the show and fisticuffs broke out.

Trash is as trash does.  

I will be honest, I do break one of their key rules when I am there because I am so sure that many other untrustworthy types are doing the same.  I have to look out for me and mine rules or not.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I will be honest, I do break one of their key rules when I am there because I am so sure that many other untrustworthy types are doing the same.  I have to look out for me and mine rules or not.

I hear ya.  I do the same, and to be honest with you I think they follow the "Don't ask, Don't tell" theory.  I am sure that rule is simply for insurance.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top