Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 7:37:50 PM EDT
Made a trip to the range today in order to sight in my pre-ban Cav-Arms 14.5+ perm. att. Vortex, Magpul M93, EOTech combo today. I intend to add a BUIS and rail system very soon. The wheather was very windy/chilly in the morning, but it let up a bit in the afternoon. The range started to get kinda crowded after 1:00pm, even though the range closes at 4:00.
Anyone going to the Webshooters event at Lytle on the 12th?

Here you go:

Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
How close did the fire get?  I haven't been able to cut loose and drive out to see the old stompin grounds yet.
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
great pics, shoot!
good looking weapons you got there.

ok, i'll be the first to say, tell us about the woman two lanes to your right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
So was the old man up there screamin through his bulllhorn as usual?Last time I went up there he treated me like shit,I took my .50 up there along with some other rifles he watched me set up next to some other shooters for about 30 minutes.When I was finally all set-up he casually walked over and told me that I couldnt shoot next to these people because of the .50.Mind you these people next to me were shooting .308's and a 408 cheytac.He told me to move over 1 table,by then I thought he was kidding but he was not.I started to get mad and moved all my stuff over 5 tables by a guy shooting an AR-50.He watched me spend another 30 minutes moving all my shit 5 tables over again.When I was all done and ready to finally start shooting he instructed me through his frickin bullhorn that I need to move back to the table where he originally said.By then I was so frikin mad I got into a verbal pissing match with th old man.Pepole around me were wondering why the old man gave a shit in the first place?I packed up my crap and havent gone back since.I think he was pickin on me because I looked young and had exspensive guns???
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Realwar- I hear you bro. That's why I can't stand going to the ranges.  I just don't feel like always being treated second rate because I'm not part of the staff or their circle of buddies.

It's unfortunate that we as in gun enthusiasts can't act like we are on the same team. I have to admit the ranges probably get a lot of types they would rather not have around too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How close did the fire get?  I haven't been able to cut loose and drive out to see the old stompin grounds yet.

I could see signs of the fire(burnt foilage, ect.) all the way up to the unpaved road. And there is also some fire damage on the backstop area of the range, but only due to a ricochet from a 55 gal drum.

The rangemasters weren't personally a dick to me this time. Although I could see they do have the potential to be one. But otherwise they tended to be more friendly after I chatted with them a bit.

BTW
FireControlman weren't you the one shooting an old IIa vest at the last Webshooter's event?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

FYI FishandShoot, there is NO Web Shooters event this coming 12th! That notice on our web page is from LAST year.

Damn... time flies when your having FUN, that was a year ago already.

My BAD, I haven't updated our website in ages. We've been so busy with our little SECRET & misc shoots that we haven't had much time for our public shoots.

I'll update the page soon, but we currently have no public Web Shooter gigs scheduled. We'll see when we can get another one going.

Thanks for the update to Lyttle Creek, was wondering how they did with the big fire they had.

West End Gun Club is also still OPEN for business.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup, that was me.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FYI FishandShoot, there is NO Web Shooters event this coming 12th! That notice on our web page is from LAST year.

Damn... time flies when your having FUN, that was a year ago already.

My BAD, I haven't updated our website in ages. We've been so busy with our little SECRET & misc shoots that we haven't had much time for our public shoots.

I'll update the page soon, but we currently have no public Web Shooter gigs scheduled. We'll see when we can get another one going.

Thanks for the update to Lyttle Creek, was wondering how they did with the big fire they had.

West End Gun Club is also still OPEN for business.

Thanks for the clarification REDHORSE.
That's too bad, I can't wait till we get another one schedualed. Good food, Great People, and lots of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top