Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:37:16 AM EDT
Welsh MLAGB Results

I doubt many of you are interested but for those of you who are....

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
and this is the only type of 'charcoal burner results' I'm interested in…

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
hethans the lot a ya....

Taffy

note to self
screw the muzzle loaders
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hiya,

I used to work in a Gunshop in Munich, one of our customers used to come in all the time for bits and bats for his muzzle loaders, so I would order the stuff for him. One day I asked him about the blackpowder shooting, as i had just read 'look away' by Harold Coyle. So he said he'd take me with him to give it a try. We went to an open air range and we had a great day, I wouldnt say that it was the sport that I'd want to get into, but I enjoyed the day. I learned a lot from them about the weapons, which helped me know what they needed on a regular basis. The experts amoungst them all made their own bullets and they were as keen as the rest of us. There was about 20 shooters there in all, which i thought was a poor attendence rate, I mentioned that to the bloke who'd taken me, and he said that that was all of the club.

I wont forget that day, spent ages scrubbing my hands afterwards.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Tony

My club is mostly muzzle loaders but on a good day there will be muzzle loaders...old brit .303's Ar's every variation of .22lr you can imagine we all get on very well there is no animosity not even the "Black Rifle" syndrome...In fact one of our older members has ordered an AR from Matt.
I have cast .223 bullets in lead (hard lead), resized and fitted gas checks then fired them from my AR.
Initialy we were getting 4-5 inch groups with Reloader15 @50m then a old stalwart from the club suggested 10gr of 2400 with some packing and then we had a great load to work with.

Half to one inch groups with these loads was great @ 50m

We don't shoot em much now but it was a great learning expierience.

I'm now a convert to sierra matchkings
Best load so far was the 52Gr SMK with 24Gr R15 but the 69's were good too
Hornaday 68GrBTHP Keyholed...dunno why?

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont do handloading, shame on me I know. I have in the past, a long time ago. One of my mates used to let me reload my .357 mag ammo on his setup.

I love shooting in all its diversity, and it keeps me off the streets.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Taffy

Nice subject and nice pic's. However, what do these smoke poles look like...those are the pic's you omitted. Oh, I just so happen to have a pic of my Colts Mfg. repo of the 1860 Army .44 caliber with kit

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Hiya @ all,

That is a nice revolver, The group that i shot with only had long's. As the shorts laws over here are a little dificult to say the least. I maybe tempted to buy one of them myself as we had a new set of laws passed over here that were supposed to be more restrictive, but have proved to be anything alse but.

I'll have to look into it.

Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top