Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 5:16:10 PM EDT
Went in to see if they had gotten a PSL yet.  Been checking every two weeks for a while now and figured if they didn't have one I would at least buy an AK since they are cheap and i didn't meed my gun purchasing goal last year.  Last time they said to check back the second week of January, I however heard January second.  So i went in today and of course No-Joy, but there was something new on the wall.

So I asked " whats that?"
Reply a Cetme.  
then i asked "how much"
 reply "$495"
Me "OK i'll take it"  
Them "you still want the PSL if it comes in"
Me "why wouldn't I"
Them "Ok check back the second week of January"
Me" Great See you next week.

The Cetme was on my wish list,  looks to be in great shape.  It's a century build and the charging handle gap and bolt gap are nice and tight.  So for $495.00  did I do OK?

Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Worst case scenario, you have a parts gun for another build.  If it doesn't cycle, I'll buy it from you for $250.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks AMESO.  good to know i would get some money back from this.  If it doesn't cycle i was thinking of using it as a new stir stick for the burn barrel.  the stock on the AR i'm using now is just about melted off
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll probably get some shit, but I love my cetme, its actually really accurate, and it eats any damn 308 or 762 I put in it. Even some seriously hot Israeli 762 I was handed in a ziplock bag

I got mine for 200 in 06, but it was from a,moron neighbor who needed an engine part for his Plymouth.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll probably get some shit, but I love my cetme, its actually really accurate, and it eats any damn 308 or 762 I put in it. Even some seriously hot Israeli 762 I was handed in a ziplock bag

I got mine for 200 in 06, but it was from a,moron neighbor who needed an engine part for his Plymouth.

Words of truth from the wearer of plaid skirts.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Words of truth from the wearer of plaid skirts.  

Just don't ask him if he's wearing underwear.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks AMESO.  good to know i would get some money back from this.  If it doesn't cycle i was thinking of using it as a new stir stick for the burn barrel.  the stock on the AR i'm using now is just about melted off

The one and only CETME I owned was so far out of headspace from Century it would have impossible to test fire at the factory. I dont buy anything they build after I was informed their warranty was 90 days or whatever the amount is from the day it left their warehouse and I was on my own to get it repaired.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my PTR.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love my PTR.

PTR vs Century CETME = Top of the line vs. airsoft knockoff
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#9]
never had an issue with my Century CETME.  Think I paid $325 or something for it with a bunch of mags and ammo 15-20 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my PTR.

PTR vs Century CETME = Top of the line vs. airsoft knockoff

yeah I know. I got mine for $650. Came with 12 mags and 900 plus rounds.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know how familiar you are with the rifles, but as a heads up, if you pull the bolt out, don't try to squeeze the rollers back in if they pop out and lock, the bolt has to be pulled apart and reset.  Trying to force them back in with pliers or something will wreck the rollers.

If the bolt gap doesn't spec out, it can be fixed with new rollers.  Century tried to fix a lot of them by grinding the gap, but it's not an effective fix (the rollers set the headspace).

Interesting video a guy made showing a cutaway.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top