Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we're supporting ANYONE that runs against her, correct?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be difficult to find someone running against Claire that I would not vote for....
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never voted for a Democrat, so...
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, ok, good point... I guess I'm asking, is he our preferred choice?  I've not done any research on any of the other candidates running in the primary.

*ETA* I think I remember reading the primary is in August?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Austin Peterson is the guy that wants to legalize machine guns.....so that's my guy!  Hawley is going to get it though, he's got trump, the rinos, and all the other big money behind him.  Much like the governors race 2 years ago, it's not about who you like the best, it's more about who can beat the the Democrat.  That was Greitens back then, and for this race, its Hawley.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Hawley isn’t everything I want him to be, but he’s the choice we’re going to have.

Petersen is an ideological opportunist, a political carpetbagger. He’s got a legitimate rape style comment just rattling around in the back of his head, ready to give McCaskill yet another unearned win.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Austin Petersen myself, but I would vote for Hawley if he shows he's worthy.

Of course anybody running against McCaskill is worthy of a vote.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty sure that "legitimate rape" comment came from a dyed in the wool establishment GOP guy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
+1.  Exactly this!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This guy threw Eric Greitens under the bus when Greitens hadn’t been convicted of ANYTHING!

I will probably vote for him because I stand the thought of McCUNTskil being re-elected.
View Quote
He didn't at first.....he was silent.  Then when it looked good to throw him under the bus, he did.  It was all about his donors and his chances for senator.  Total politician.  Sucks,  but if we get another outsider the dems and rinos are just going to do this again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Voting for Peterson in primary.  
Then not Clair in November.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#13]
^this!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bingo.....

This should have been what it was six years ago, but everybody got butt hurt with Akin and didn't vote.  This tactic worked with Roy Moore too......it's straight out of the democrat play book now.  They know how republicans don't stick behind their party, but their party will.  I get it has to with republicans not being sheep, but dammit, gotta stick together to fight for a greater good at some point.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bingo.....

This should have been what it was six years ago, but everybody got butt hurt with Akin and didn't vote.  This tactic worked with Roy Moore too......it's straight out of the democrat play book now.  They know how republicans don't stick behind their party, but their party will.  I get it has to with republicans not being sheep, but dammit, gotta stick together to fight for a greater good at some point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bingo.....

If you really believed that, you wouldn’t be voting for the failed libertarian.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This guy threw Eric Greitens under the bus when Greitens hadn’t been convicted of ANYTHING! Yet.

I will probably vote for him because I stand the thought of McCUNTskil being re-elected.
View Quote
FIFY.

The case against him for threatening his mistress was a political hit from the D’s.

But his problems with his campaign finance has legs. He’s already confessed to an ethics violation & as more comes out an eventual conviction of some sort is more likely.

Not that it’s surprising. Guys who suddenly switch parties for the sake of an election can’t be trusted and have a habit of causing problems. Let’s see if we’ve learned that lesson with the guy that even Libertarians think is weird.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The case against him for threatening his mistress was a political hit from the D’s.
View Quote
I think it was from the republicans.....once they started it, the democrats moved in for the kill.  Follow the money.  That newspaper owner who delivered the payments has ties to the wealthy republican donors that stood to lose the low-income housing tax credits.

PLUS, the democrats knew about this BEFORE the election, and wouldn't touch it.  Why?  Word is, Koster was involved with this chick too.

It was from both sides.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think it was from the republicans.....once they started it, the democrats moved in for the kill.  Follow the money.  That newspaper owner who delivered the payments has ties to the wealthy republican donors that stood to lose the low-income housing tax credits.

PLUS, the democrats knew about this BEFORE the election, and wouldn't touch it.  Why?  Word is, Koster was involved with this chick too.

It was from both sides.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was from both sides.

Seriously, to think that Scott Faughn is a tool of some amorphous republican shadow organization is perhaps one of the dumbest, tinfoily things I’ve ever read on here, and I’ve read the Saudi purge thread.

Here’s what republicans were actually saying as this all got started.

Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would be difficult to find someone running against Claire that I would not vote for....
View Quote
This

If Chuck Schumer moved to Missouri and ran against Claire, I might have a dilemma.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This

If Chuck Schumer moved to Missouri and ran against Claire, I might have a dilemma.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This

Well he did say trump was all cattle no hat so he does have that going for him now.

But yes as I said I would vote for not Clair in the general, their is always my standby write in candidate of Alfred E  Neuman if the Rs run someone completely bad.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well he did say trump was all cattle no hat so he does have that going for him now.

But yes as I said I would vote for not Clair in the general, their is always my standby write in candidate of Alfred E  Neuman if the Rs run someone completely bad.
View Quote
If Schumer said "All cattle, no hat", then he's so stupid he can't even use the phrase properly.  It's "All hat, no cattle."
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If Schumer said "All cattle, no hat", then he's so stupid he can't even use the phrase properly.  It's "All hat, no cattle."
View Quote
Yes. He's that stupid.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Chuck Schumer is ignorant about Texas

Here you go he is that stupid.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah I'll hold my nose and vote Hawley in the general but it won't be so much a vote FOR him as much as it will be a vote against Claire.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I don’t think we need another Rhino, but even a Rhino is far better than Claire.

Primary vote will be for Peterson.
(Who was not thought of as weird, but rather lost out to the two former state governors ticket in the libertarian race). How many other candidates are clear spoken and regularly raffle off Ar15’s? He is definitely more pro-gun, anti-tax-welfare-bullshit warfare than anyone you can point to.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don’t think we need another Rhino, but even a Rhino is far better than Claire.

Primary vote will be for Peterson.
(Who was not thought of as weird, but rather lost out to the two former state governors ticket in the libertarian race). How many other candidates are clear spoken and regularly raffle off Ar15’s? He is definitely more pro-gun, anti-tax-welfare-bullshit warfare than anyone you can point to.
View Quote
Agreed!
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#28]
The only difference is she doesn't have to wait for Hawley to shoot himself in the foot, he already has. My guess is he will be back at a University in a few years never to be heard from again. Idiot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Peterson has my vote in the primary.

Anybody but Claire in the general.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Peterson has my vote in the primary.

Anybody but Claire in the general.
View Quote
Whats so special about Peterson? Isnt he one of those weird open borders libertarians?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Whats so special about Peterson? Isnt he one of those weird open borders libertarians?
View Quote
Wants to abolish the NFA and legalize machine guns.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
He does love himself some unthinking band wagons.

Link Posted: 6/20/2018 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Open borders is one of three main issues that divide libertarians. (Intellectual property, and abortion being the other two) His stated preference is the same now as it was when he ran on the libertarian ticket, and doesn’t seem weird (to me anyways).

From his website:

I believe in border security and national sovereignty, and I support cost-effective measures to further secure our border and protect American citizens. I also favor completely eliminating any and all welfare programs provided to illegal immigrants. These welfare programs, while perhaps well-intentioned, provide negative incentives and encourage people to come to this country for the wrong reasons.

The bottom line is this: if we want to solve the problem of illegal immigration, we must fix our legal immigration system. It’s currently too complicated, takes far too long, and costs too much money to play by the rules. This incentivizes bad behavior (i.e. coming here illegally) and over time leads to exactly where we are today.
https://www.austinpetersen.com/priorities
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Open borders is one of three main issues that divide libertarians. (Intellectual property, and abortion being the other two) His stated preference is the same now as it was when he ran on the libertarian ticket, and doesn’t seem weird (to me anyways).

From his website:

I believe in border security and national sovereignty, and I support cost-effective measures to further secure our border and protect American citizens. I also favor completely eliminating any and all welfare programs provided to illegal immigrants. These welfare programs, while perhaps well-intentioned, provide negative incentives and encourage people to come to this country for the wrong reasons.

The bottom line is this: if we want to solve the problem of illegal immigration, we must fix our legal immigration system. It’s currently too complicated, takes far too long, and costs too much money to play by the rules. This incentivizes bad behavior (i.e. coming here illegally) and over time leads to exactly where we are today.
https://www.austinpetersen.com/priorities
View Quote
I don't have any issues with the above stated beliefs.  Also am in favor of abolishing the NFA.

As for the cost of immigration... I believe that should be complex and expensive.  Keeps out the riff raff.  We stopped being a nation of all immigrants a long long time ago.  We no longer need just anybody and everybody to come in.  New immigrants need to be able to provide a value benefit to join the club.  We have enough people who are unemployed, homeless, and underfed now.  We do not need to contribute more to the problem from people fleeing countries they should be trying to fix.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Monetti in the Primary.  Not Claire in the General.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#36]
What about Kristi Nichols?

http://kristinichols.com/ISSUES/
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What about Kristi Nichols?

http://kristinichols.com/ISSUES/
View Quote
From her Website:

Second Amendment

The Second Amendment is one of our most treasured liberties, and it must be protected.

The Second Amendment is one of our most treasured liberties, and it must be protected. As your next US Senator, I will stand strong against Un Constitutional federal overreach in Washington.

Support Constitutional Carry
Support the Second Amendment.  "This doesn't mean anything, should say...will not support ANY ban and will work to reform or repeal those laws that have no practice effect."

Support Campus Carry

Bold is mine
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Bozo the clown over that bitch!!!!LOL
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Austin Peterson is the guy that wants to legalize machine guns.....so that's my guy!  Hawley is going to get it though, he's got trump, the rinos, and all the other big money behind him.  Much like the governors race 2 years ago, it's not about who you like the best, it's more about who can beat the the Democrat.  That was Greitens back then, and for this race, its Hawley.
View Quote
i thought hawlety was anti-gun
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

i thought hawlety was anti-gun
View Quote
Not from all the radio interviews I've heard......he wants the nix the NFA.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Spot on
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#42]
The  Monetti guy is a goober of the highest order.  I had the pleasure of spending about 4hrs around him one night and all I can say is WOW.  Moron wore a bomber jacket the entire time in 80+ degree weather and all his little minions kept refering to him as the Colonel.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I thought I would pop in here and share this.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/27/josh-hawley-files-office-supports-president-trumps-gun-control-ideas/377498002/
On that topic, Hawley reiterated his support for banning bump stocks and improving the criminal background check system, adding that he would be "open to other suggestions that would be effective."
View Quote
If I were in y'alls place I would support Hawley only if he wins the primary, but there is no reason to support him prior to that when y'all can do better.

If Austin Peterson doesn't get elected send him our way, it would be nice to have him replace John Cornyn in 2020.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#44]
The State GOP party, just changed the rules, so that the National party can start spending money for Hawley BEFORE the primary's are over.  WTF.  Hawley is not for us, he is out for himself and the state/national parties are trying to shove him down our throats.

What does this remind you of: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/15/hawley-mccaskill-missouri-senate-585892

Who the fuck records themselves working out?  Anthony Weiner....and that is how Hawley is going to turn out as well.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Voting for Peterson in the Primary.
Hawley doesnt even want to win.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Livestream by Austin Petersen right now.

https://www.facebook.com/AP4Liberty/videos/1891464544245850/
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks folks for this info.  Looks like I will vote Austin Petersen in August and NOT Claire later.
I don't really want to vote Hawley at all but will if Claire is the other option
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Voted absentee in Oregon county today. Republican ballot only had 11 people running for Senator.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This guy threw Eric Greitens under the bus when Greitens hadn’t been convicted of ANYTHING!

View Quote
Greitens was a piece of shit dem who used his BUDS training to sucker the majority of missourians to vote for him.  Now, we're the laughing stock of the nation.

That being said, I'd vote for him over any missouri D.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Greitens was a piece of shit dem who used his BUDS training to sucker the majority of missourians to vote for him.  Now, we're the laughing stock of the nation.

That being said, I'd vote for him over any missouri D.
View Quote
Greitens did everything he said he was going to do during the campaign.......pass right to work, lower corporate income taxes, and lower income taxes.   Despite his other issues, history, whatever, I say he was the best governor we ever had based off those accomplishments in his first two years.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top