Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 12:00:20 PM EDT
I probably should of posted this in the comp section but here goes.  I have been wanting to get into comp for a while now and I think that I would like to do 3-gun or tactical rifle.  I live in Raleigh and was wondering if there are any of these competitions in the area.  Any info and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go:

The range, oxford

This is the place to get started.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I'll check into it
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
i'm on a jr. high power rifle team at Sir Walter Gun Club.  we have matches about twice a month and i think it's like 12 dollars to enter for a non-member.  those are at 100 yards, 500 agg.  we also have matches at Butner about once every month or so, and those are 1,000agg.  200, 300, and 600 yard stages.  i think that's about 20 a person.  i also think they have 3 gun matches there too, but i'm not sure about the schedule.  check out the website and see.

http://www.sirwaltergunclub.com/
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Where do you live? I'm sure a few guys can point you to the closest range for IPSC, IDPA, 3 gun, bullseye or whatever.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I live just south of Raleigh.  I am a member at PDHSC and I know that they have a pistol match.  I was just thinking about more of a rifle competition.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
3 gun comp. is all around, The Range, Creedmore, Sanford, and Fayetteville area.  If you go to PDHSC during a IDPA match and ask around I'm sure you can hook up with whatever type you're looking for.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
3 gun comp. is all around, The Range, Creedmore, Sanford, and Fayetteville area.  If you go to PDHSC during a IDPA match and ask around I'm sure you can hook up with whatever type you're looking for.

Scott,

Creedmore?  Is that at Sir Walter?  I didn't realize there were 3 gun matches i the immediate area other than Franks.  Also, what's in Sanford?  I plan on making one of the Tarheel 3-Gunner's matches this year.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Since I wasn't sure what kind of matches "foster" was looking for. I was refering to high-power. Not sure what disipline he likes. Trigger Time (actually in Carthage) outside Sanford has some 3 gun matches (not sure about 2006 schedule) and as you know at Frank's. There are some others drivable from Raleigh but I wouldn't consider them true 3 gun matches. My buddy Bill Davis has been to a few on the coast of NC but they need a little more "intensity." A big FOP match last year in Fayeteville and definitly Tarheel 3-gunners for high round counts and "3 gun transition" on most all stages. I believe Tarheel 3 Gunners schedule is up and I was talking to Rodney about it last night. Hopefully you can make a few.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, Luke D. and I have been talking about riding out for a few of the 3-Gunners matches.  It should be fun.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I shoot in the NC Police Combat Pistol League.  We shoot statewide over 8 months.    I invite anyone who wants to come on out and shoot, both LE and civilian as we have classifications for both.  

The website is www.ncpolicepistolleague.com.

Basically it is PPC, with a shotgun and rifle sidematch.  Nothing too fancy or high speed, we like to get out and shoot and have fun.  The majority of the shooters are LE, but I would like to see the civilian class expand to offer more competition.  We shoot on police ranges around the state, going from Southport to the triangle and beyond.

Open invitation to all.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info guys.  I will probably try to go and watch a match sometime this month.  Looks like there is one on the 19th I might try for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top