Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 4:08:32 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Anyone out there have a local source for a 9mm Bushmaster/Colt carbine after the sunset (or before assuming no ban prices - it's good to have a dream)?  How about our friends at Bernies, Smokey or GACOP?  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks.

Scot
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't aware Bushmaster made a 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wasn't aware Bushmaster made a 9mm carbine.

I was hoping that one was in the works to compete with Colt.  Any quality firearm will be considered.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be able to get Colts after the 13th. I'll IM you a price if I can find where I wrote it down.  If I can't find it, IM Bookhound; I sent him the prices.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll be able to get Colts after the 13th. I'll IM you a price if I can find where I wrote it down.  If I can't find it, IM Bookhound; I sent him the prices.

Thanks, I'll be looking out for the prices.  I'll also IM Book for them if he is around.  Will these be the LE marked receivers?

Scot
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
GABeechman on this site has a Colt A1 post ban 9mm lightweight in great shape with 4 mags. I think he wanted $925 for it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, LE receivers until Colt runs out of them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yep, LE receivers until Colt runs out of them.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but will there be any legal issues with owning one of these if a similar ban is put in place in the future.  I'm assuming as long as you can prove with sales receipt, etc. that you purchased it after the ban goes away and before any future "legislation" (term used loosely) then you should be ok.  Any links to articles on this topic from ATF?  Thanks for your help.  If you come across those prices be sure to IM me.  I will be ready to purchase a week from Monday.  Any chance on getting the order in place (assuming we can come to an agreement on price) so that it will be delivered immediately after the ban expires.  Thanks.

Book,
If you are out there, please forward the prices when you get a chance.

Scot
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:13:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Book, I sent GACOP an IM for the 9mm carbine.

Scot

- can someone clarify my legality concerns above?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]
After the AWB sunsets, it's as if it never happened. So far any AW marked "Law Enforcement Only" will be as legal as any other semi-auto. Only the ones that are select-fire will still be verboten. If there's another ban down the line, I don't think the antis will care; they'll try to get all of them.

For those that have contacted me regarding buying Colts, I won't be ordering anything until AFTER the 13th. The store owner didn't want to get stuck with LE only guns in case something gets slipped through at the last minute.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info.  Have you checked with Colt about turnaround time?  If we were to place an order with you on the 13th when could we expect them to arrive?  Thanks.

Scot
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#12]
They're coming from one of my distributors and they have all models in stock as of last Friday, so it should take about 3 days to get them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top