Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 10:52:43 AM EDT
In today's episode of "How My University Blew 4.3 Million", the nice folks of "Vote or Die" stopped by today for a little rally. To show my unity in this cause, I wore my Adco Firearms "Support Your Local High Power Rifle Team" shirt.

The event was held at Kelvin Smith Library - I'm sure the nerds and geeks were pissed they couldn't get in to study.

Some of the tour busses.

I think I found Barney.

Even the Young Communists showed up!

Mayor Jane came on and pretty much undid all the warm-up guy's work of getting the crowd pumped up by telling everybody to be quiet... nice job, Mayor.

and here's our man with the idiotic slogan:

Then Mary J Blige came on. For a non-partisan rally, she did alot of ranting and raving about how the war in Iraq was unjustified and wrong. How women were being unjustly kept down. Blah blah blah

Leo came on and started spouting about the environment.

At this point, I had enough and left...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You are a holy man in an unholy land...

Keep your chin up, Ed.

ETA - Looks like about 100 people were there.  Whooppeeee!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn glad I didn't see those busses first.......at a quick glance I thought they were the "GIRLS GONE WILD" busses.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why does CWRU's new symbol remind me so very much of a swastika???????

That's exactly what I thought when I looked at the picture above...  funny.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive seen P.Diddy on TV which if your not aware is the head of vote or die. P.Ditty is one of the most prolific artists and visionaries of our time as well as being very astute in matters of political happenings. His vast knowledge of social, politcal, and econonimical issues astounds me and gives me a hope that the right people are aware of whats going on in this country and are getting the message out.

Being a genXer Iam elated to know that the message is being heard and more and more people my age are getting involved. Im so very proud that a successful rap artist who has built an empire from humble beginnings has chose this noble cause with the only rewards being in the form of awakening the young people to vote.

Im really getting inspired by this and even a little choked up as I type....

Power to the people!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ive seen P.Diddy on TV which if your not aware is the head of vote or die. P.Ditty is one of the most prolific artists and visionaries of our time as well as being very astute in matters of political happenings. His vast knowledge of social, politcal, and econonimical issues astounds me and gives me a hope that the right people are aware of whats going on in this country and are getting the message out.

Being a genXer Iam elated to know that the message is being heard and more and more people my age are getting involved. Im so very proud that a successful rap artist who has built an empire from humble beginnings has chose this noble cause with the only rewards being in the form of awakening the young people to vote.

Im really getting inspired by this and even a little choked up as I type....

Power to the people!

I know, I just know, you were cracking yourself up with that post. I'm sure of it.

verizonsupersite.com/aliciascostumescom/nss-folder/pictures/diddy.jpg

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
"That's exactly what I thought when I looked at the picture above... funny."

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Funny...  When I saw that I thought the same thing then started looking for a hammer & sickel.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm trying to find the article on how much it cost the University to get that designed to "re-brand" ourselves. If I remember correctly, it was quite a pretty penny.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top