Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 6:28:35 PM EDT
Do not forget to vote Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Have too, nothing else to do til 6 P.M.!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#2]
My work lets out a couple of hours early on election days. My wife and I just came back from the polls.

We were supposed to vote straight Democrat, weren't we?
Just kidding!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Wadaya mean, "no alcohol"?!?!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Polls are closed!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you vote? Men and Women have died to give you that privilege.hug.gif
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I think a referendum should be started:

All acoholic beverages will be legal for sale at any time AFTER you have proved that you have already voted! (Bet it would increase voter turnout)

LONG LIVE THE DEMs!!  OOPS! Wrong site!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]

I conducted a random poll at work today asking who had voted or was going to. I asked 12 people (10%) of our employees.

One had voted before work.

One was voting after work.

Three said they were not voting.

Seven are not registered

The only reason for not voting was - my vote does not make any difference...

The only reason for not registering was to avoid jury duty....

WTF is going on here??????
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I conducted a random poll at work today asking who had voted or was going to. I asked 12 people (10%) of our employees.

One had voted before work.

One was voting after work.

Three said they were not voting.

Seven are not registered

The only reason for not voting was - my vote does not make any difference...

The only reason for not registering was to avoid jury duty....

WTF is going on here??????

If you want to be really disgusted with our society, ask those same ten people if they are going to watch the final "Friends" on thursday.  I'm willing to bet that more than 10 percent say they are going to.  Out around Knightstown (where I vote) the attendent was telling me that turnout was suprisingly high for a non-November election.

BTW, did anyone else have campaigners at thier poling place?  I had to get past three of them before I could get into the building.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ask those same ten people if they are going to watch the final "Friends" on thursday.  

How true is that...

BTW, did anyone else have campaigners at their poling place?  I had to get past three of them before I could get into the building.

I was asked to help at one of the Zionsville locations but the timing is awful in my line of business, couldn't pick a more inconvenient time to hold an election as far as me getting involved.

Funny thing about all of this is that I am not allowed to vote as I am not yet a citizen, I'm itching to have my say and there are all of these apathetic types wasting theirs...

I can still be active in my support even though it will be a while before I am able to put pen to paper, it's a shame those that are granted this opportunity mostly do not seize it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top