Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:21:19 AM EDT
Would there be any interest in doing some video work from the point of view of the shooter?
I have the gear to do it, and plan to bring it to the next shoot I can attend, this week is out since I will be on call. but the first of November shoot will be a good one for me. I'll make sure of it.

The rig consists of a small helmet mounted camera, and a 2.4 Ghz transmitter all powered by batteries, the receiver is then attached to a VCR and a TV monitor mounted in a rack case at the Table/Tent/Truck. This runs off an inverter so power is no real issue, But I could use a generator if necessary.
I could mount the camera on the temple of glasses but it is easier to mount on a helmet with Velcro. I doubt the camera would like to ride on a rifle but that could possibly be done too I think the vibration would kill it but I have seen them used in similar ways before.

Post back if interested.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I don't think a helmet mounted cam at the next MODCC shoot would be any fun at all.  Nobody wants to see the shooter's point of view while running the course of fire.  Actually, I think we'd much rather just watch the Home and Garden channel, or maybe QVC, they have some really good prices on costume jewelry these days.
Are you KIDDING?  That would be SO friggin awesome!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright I won't bring it then......
Just kidding You know I will bring it!
This will be at the November shoot I won't be able to make the October one..
That is not to say that I won't bust some caps somewhere.......

Duke Just make sure you are in full costume in November.....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Only question is, which costume?  I'm running out of ideas here...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be really cool! I would like to see that at one of the shoots.

And Duke Nukem, I’m sure you can come up with something to wear. If not, get in touch with Garym. He’s always full of good ideas!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Only question is, which costume?  I'm running out of ideas here...

Well...it'd be november......

TURKEY!

Think of all the fun that could be had with photos of you dressed up as a turkey with a gun.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
...Well I was about to tell everyone what I am planning on wearing to the halloween shoot but I think it should be a surprise.
Thankfully the shoot is on private property so I don't have to worry about offending the general public.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top