Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2017 9:08:26 PM EDT
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=744_1510166790

Pure speculation as we don't see what happens before the video starts (as usual) but it looks like the salesperson suspected a straw purchase.  

Anyone heard any additional info?
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=744_1510166790

Pure speculation as we don't see what happens before the video starts (as usual) but it looks like the salesperson suspected a straw purchase.  

Anyone heard any additional info?
View Quote

If I am correct the man in question is the owner, who then later tried to defend himself on the stores FB Page saying the individual making the accusations came in more then the 1 friend that the person claims he came in with.

Needless to say they took the page down completely.

TBH, and this is just me speculating myself, he came in with a friend looking around asking each other which gun should be bought and the owner thought a straw purchase was in the works, then I can see where he is coming from. Yet if the man taking the video is in fact true, and they had JUST walked in the door as he says and the owner voiced out saying he would not sell to them then the ownerand the store have a serious issue on their hands.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak to them being bad to customers, they have been friendly to me the few times I've been in there. I bought a zenith that they had to order and it ended up taking an extra week or two to show up. They actually cut me a better price on the gun which was already comparable to online which I had told them wasn't necessary(I wasn't worried about the extra time it took to show up). I'm white and am a jeans and polo shirt guy too though and that could make a difference. Still I haven't seen them show any signs of racism when I was in the building. Also it sounds like this guy has gone there multiple times before without issue making me wonder what actually happened this time.

That being said the video shows nothing against the store. We don't know what happened before the guy filming decided to cause a scene. If anything the store should have had the police trespass the guy, he was told to leave and didn't.

Now the guys facebook feed has a bunch of comments calling for doxing the store. This is not a good way to show you are on the right side(to be clear I didn't see any from the guy who was filming).

The old man might be a racist but I'd really like to see their security footage to see if it sheds any light. How long were they there before the confrontation started as that would be a good tell if this guy is full of it(if he was looking at stuff for a while since he claimed it was right as they walked in). I'm guessing they did something to make they guy think they could be doing a straw purchase and he stopped it. Maybe it was as simple as him wanting to buy a gun when he had another on lay a way, maybe he did something else that made the guy think. I remember when I was younger being denied the sale of booze because we had someone with us that didn't have their id or was underage(like 19 or 20). One time it was because my underage brother was with me. I can see the same thing happening with gun buys.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, between gun shows and shops, I've several times seen sales persons stop sales or pause to explain to the customer what a straw purchase was.  One time was because of something the customer said during the paperwork, twice was fellas buying guns with their girlfriends.

Store video would be helpful but I'm betting that, since the owner has taken down the store FB page, he's considering the matter closed and is just gonna wait for it to blow over.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I find it interesting that the customer assumes that the clerk is not selling to him because the clerk thinks he will resell the gun. If you listen to the transaction, the clerk states first that he does not need a reason to refuse the sale and when pushed by the customer for a reason, he states he has to follow all federal laws. At no time does the clerk stated why he is refusing the sale.

I am with the rest of you that, there is not enough in the video to tell what took place. We have a partial one sided story. I would need to know what transpired prior to the video starting to say who is right in this case.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, between gun shows and shops, I've several times seen sales persons stop sales or pause to explain to the customer what a straw purchase was.  One time was because of something the customer said during the paperwork, twice was fellas buying guns with their girlfriends.

Store video would be helpful but I'm betting that, since the owner has taken down the store FB page, he's considering the matter closed and is just gonna wait for it to blow over.
View Quote
Their was an instance at a local gunshop here in the area where a actual Sheriffs deputy went into the store talking on the phone with his wife asking her what gun he should buy.

Owner refused sale and the said female on the other end went on a review tyraid of the shop. When asked in the comment section if she wanted to confer with a local ATF agent the communications ceased.

She had that mentality of her husband was sheriff so she could get away with it
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It is worth saying that once it does blow over Hopkins can go to google and get the negative reviews taken down. I'd be taken screenshots of the facebook feeds to show them that the reviews are fake. Hell even if he is a racist(and I'm not saying he is) it is clear most of those negative reviews are not legit.

I really wish I could see the video before hand. The guy claims he was in their with one friend but every time I've seen the video posted it has said friends. I saw on some comments where someone he was with was denied a purchase(failed the nics check or something) and the shop was refusing service based on that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen this over and over from my bro friends.  They all think it's racism (90% seem to look hard for racism these days).  I don't know, but I wouldn't sell to that punk.  Without knowing more, I support the shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top