Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 6:28:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
sucks big time. in two different incidents I know of similar tragedies- thankfully neither fatal,though. one of my medics with me in Iraq got shot in NYC about 3 months after we got back
one of the guys we deployed to Afghanistan with is a cop and got shot in his first week back on the job.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I've known Pat Casey and his family since childhood.  He was a good kid who grew up to be a good, honorable man.  We definitely lost one of the "good guys" with Pat's tragic death.  It does not surprise me in the least that he died defending a friend from a group of thugs.  The Casey family are very good people and my heart breaks for them.  Rest in peace big guy.  

I sincerely hope the scum that were involved are found quickly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey now, just take your punches like a good victim.  No need to ventilate some poor guy cause you're not man enough to take a punch.  (Somebody should find out if that stupid DA wants to test out her theory.)

What a tragedy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
RIP,

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Capital Punishment. Burn that p.o.s alive is what I'd do.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My prayers are with the Casey family.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]
RIP Patrick David Casey may god rest his soul, prayers and condolences to family and friends.

Folks we only get one chance at this Life and it can end very suddenly, when faced with violence respond with overwhelming force immediately because like I have said before it only takes one punch to end it all and you never know which punch will be the one.

GOTURBACK
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Capital Punishment. Burn that p.o.s alive is what I'd do.

Hold on, a guy wades into a fight at 2:40AM(no drinking involved there, right), and ends up getting tragically killed when he gets knocked down and falls and hits his head.  This hardly calls for capital punishment.  A tragedy, but still just an accident, unless you guys know more about the incident than what is posted in the ynn link above.  Someone mentioned defending a friend from a group of thugs, I didn't see that in the article.  If that's the case, then it's a much different story.

ETA––A snip from the latest NBC news story on the incident.

Patrick Casey died after the altercation. Casey's parents said they believed their son was breaking up a fight, but on Friday, police confirmed that Casey was involved in the fight.

Casey or someone else in the group he was with hit or punched another individual and then Casey was punched.  Police said he fell to the ground and hit his head, leaving him brain dead.

Police said they have interviewed all the suspects involved in the case.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/GW-Student-Was-Part-of-Altercation-130883758.html

ETA2––If you look at the more complete articles on this incident, you'll notice that all the hero breaking up a fight, and suckerpunch comments are coming from quotes from Casey's mother.  This appears to have been a tragic case of boys being boys at 3AM, and fighting after possibly, just possibly "imbibing" where someone, who happened to be a hero for other things he has done in his life, ended up dying as an unforseen and accidental outcome.  No need for the electric chair or hangman's rope here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top