Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:06:51 PM EDT

First off I do not work for Vances or anything like that but I was impressed with what I saw there today. I had a few minutes to kill before dinner tonight so I stopped in at Vances just to have a look.  That impulse cost me almost $900.00 because I walked out with a used Sig229 and used G19.  The 229 had the integral laser recoil rod and both had night sights and hi-caps so I figured they were good if not fair deals.
But there are still a couple of pieces that I consider deals:
SA Champion $400, AMT Hardballer $350, and a bunch of PD traded SIG 226-9 in .357 for 599with CT laser grips.  I saw the sweet PD trades first and that's when I realised that I was going to walk out with less money than I had walked in with.
The other thing that was nice was that there were about 2 sales reps per customer so the reps had more time to talk guns without worrying about the next guy in line.  I know sometimes/most times they are very busy which is great but it can kinda feels like a traffic jam.
Can't wait to try these out over the weekend...so happy
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:37:53 AM EDT
I like Vances and have bought many a gun there but first time shoppers there need to realize that they are the Wal-mart of gun stores.  They have the cheapest guns in town but their adds can be iffy, some times they have the stuff some times they don't.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:48:48 AM EDT
I used to have an AMT Hardballer. Looked brand new when I bought it, unfortunately it didn't function brand new, I would shy away if I were you. With that being said, I wouldn't give $3.50 for one.

I've been to Vance's once, they seemed to have some good deals, I would buy from them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:17:41 PM EDT
I'm well over a hundred miles from Vance's.  But I've still been there about 8 or 9 times  and most of the time I have left with less money than I started with.  5 times I purchased a gun from them.
They have about the best selection of firearms that I have seen without going to a gunshow.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:40:56 PM EDT
Buckeye Outdoors has about the best gun display I have seen around here but they are in Heath and are the sister store to Vances.  I would be worth a drive over there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:08:59 AM EDT
I've been to Vance's three times, the store had atleast 5 people in it and they make you feel like you're the only customer in the store. Longest wait I think I ever had in the store was 5 minutes before they come up to you and say what is on sale, have you seen the flyer, these are police trade ins. Very courteous and professional. I wish they'd sponsor this site
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:08:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoHarmNoFAL-01:
Buckeye Outdoors has about the best gun display I have seen around here but they are in Heath and are the sister store to Vances.  I would be worth a drive over there.

To correct you, they are in Hebron. I live in Hebron and I visit their store about once a week
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:44:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bryan666999:

To correct you, they are in Hebron. I live in Hebron and I visit their store about once a week

Ha! I live in Granville, and I visit them twice a week!

Got ya beat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:05:41 PM EDT
I bought my Savage .223 at Vance's for $ 419. I like driving to Buckeye since it is only 45 minutes each way. Vance's handles suppressor/subgun sales for a fee of $ 75. Further away, I like Kames in North Canton, Fin-Fur in Ashland and Olde English Outfitters in Tipp City.

Olde English
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:22:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:

Got ya beat.

You probly have more money than me also.

Speaking of Buckeye, I should have gone there today when I was out and about. Looks like Ill be headin there tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:34:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:

Got ya beat.

You probly have more money than me also.

Speaking of Buckeye, I should have gone there today when I was out and about. Looks like Ill be headin there tomorrow!!!

I doubt it...I'm selling sperm and plasma to pay for gas and my Ramen noodles!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:51:06 PM EDT
I've been to vance's 100's of times over 20 years and boy has that store changed.  Every time I go in there I have to wait an hour to buy my gun.  (Im sure they like that because I always end up with $50 worth of crap I didn't really need). But on the other hand I have seen used guns priced more expensive then I have got them new at vance's.  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top