Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:06:51 PM EDT

First off I do not work for Vances or anything like that but I was impressed with what I saw there today. I had a few minutes to kill before dinner tonight so I stopped in at Vances just to have a look.  That impulse cost me almost $900.00 because I walked out with a used Sig229 and used G19.  The 229 had the integral laser recoil rod and both had night sights and hi-caps so I figured they were good if not fair deals.
But there are still a couple of pieces that I consider deals:
SA Champion $400, AMT Hardballer $350, and a bunch of PD traded SIG 226-9 in .357 for 599with CT laser grips.  I saw the sweet PD trades first and that's when I realised that I was going to walk out with less money than I had walked in with.
The other thing that was nice was that there were about 2 sales reps per customer so the reps had more time to talk guns without worrying about the next guy in line.  I know sometimes/most times they are very busy which is great but it can kinda feels like a traffic jam.
Can't wait to try these out over the weekend...so happy
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Vances and have bought many a gun there but first time shoppers there need to realize that they are the Wal-mart of gun stores.  They have the cheapest guns in town but their adds can be iffy, some times they have the stuff some times they don't.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to have an AMT Hardballer. Looked brand new when I bought it, unfortunately it didn't function brand new, I would shy away if I were you. With that being said, I wouldn't give $3.50 for one.

I've been to Vance's once, they seemed to have some good deals, I would buy from them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm well over a hundred miles from Vance's.  But I've still been there about 8 or 9 times  and most of the time I have left with less money than I started with.  5 times I purchased a gun from them.
They have about the best selection of firearms that I have seen without going to a gunshow.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Buckeye Outdoors has about the best gun display I have seen around here but they are in Heath and are the sister store to Vances.  I would be worth a drive over there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:08:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been to Vance's three times, the store had atleast 5 people in it and they make you feel like you're the only customer in the store. Longest wait I think I ever had in the store was 5 minutes before they come up to you and say what is on sale, have you seen the flyer, these are police trade ins. Very courteous and professional. I wish they'd sponsor this site
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Buckeye Outdoors has about the best gun display I have seen around here but they are in Heath and are the sister store to Vances.  I would be worth a drive over there.

To correct you, they are in Hebron. I live in Hebron and I visit their store about once a week
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:44:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To correct you, they are in Hebron. I live in Hebron and I visit their store about once a week

Ha! I live in Granville, and I visit them twice a week!

Got ya beat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my Savage .223 at Vance's for $ 419. I like driving to Buckeye since it is only 45 minutes each way. Vance's handles suppressor/subgun sales for a fee of $ 75. Further away, I like Kames in North Canton, Fin-Fur in Ashland and Olde English Outfitters in Tipp City.

Olde English
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got ya beat.

You probly have more money than me also.

Speaking of Buckeye, I should have gone there today when I was out and about. Looks like Ill be headin there tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got ya beat.

You probly have more money than me also.

Speaking of Buckeye, I should have gone there today when I was out and about. Looks like Ill be headin there tomorrow!!!

I doubt it...I'm selling sperm and plasma to pay for gas and my Ramen noodles!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been to vance's 100's of times over 20 years and boy has that store changed.  Every time I go in there I have to wait an hour to buy my gun.  (Im sure they like that because I always end up with $50 worth of crap I didn't really need). But on the other hand I have seen used guns priced more expensive then I have got them new at vance's.  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top