Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 9:32:46 PM EDT
Hey all, Bob's Gun Rack in Lee's Summit has a pre-ban Colt carbine in 7.62x39 for $1200.  Is the lower standard except for saying 7.62x39 on it?  What is the value of one of these setups?

/me frantically fills out form for new credit card...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
is it a sporter? sounds about a fair price imho, if you could get it for 1000 to 1100 it would be a great deal. i thought the lower was the same but dont quote me on it. so if you get you keeping it the same or you puttign a preban 223 upper on it? Ronald
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the lower is the same as 223.  The magazine and upper are what set it apart.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess what boys, it ain't a preban, I took a closer look.  I took the day off work today and went in there to write down the serial no. and its in the 50,000 range.  The lower isn't Colt, its a forged Pac-West.  PWA has a definite serial cutoff, according to the Patriot Arms web resource the last preban was #35,222 or something so this one isn't even close.  I quietly informed the store owner but I doubt he does anything about it.  Gun has a fixed stock and no bayo but it definitely has an A2 flashider.  Now the weird thing is, they just got their FFL audited by BATF last week, and they went through their entire inventory for 3 days, and didn't catch it (or didn't care-- you decide...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top