Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2007 5:42:11 PM EDT
What is a normal Uzi with the Coll. stock longer barrel and all grouped as in IN?

Is it a pistol or rifle there?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is a normal Uzi with the Coll. stock longer barrel and all grouped as in IN?

Is it a pistol or rifle there?

It's a rifle.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
In MI they are pistols.
A friend moved to IN and said he was getting one, I just wanted to make sure he knew what he was doing.

I assume the OAL is measured with the stock open?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
This is exactly the type I am talking about.

This is a rifle in IN?  Uzi Model B with the folding stock and the longer barrel  (the normal stock barrel, not that little after market thingy)

So they can do a FTF sale on these just like a shotgun or anything?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61051620  

Mods please forgive the link to an auction site, I just had to use it to show exactly what I am talking about.  I made sure to pick an auction that was already closed so in no way is this trying to promote a sale or anything.  I hope this isnt a problem.  TY

See...
You guys are lucky, in MI these are pistols.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is a rifle in IN?

Yep... everywhere except Michigan.

So they can do a FTF sale on these just like a shotgun or anything?

We can do (in-state) FTF sales on handguns here, too. Is that not the case up there?

You guys are lucky, in MI these are pistols.

I knew that; kinda sucks to be you guys. But Indiana has a couple wierdo state laws, too. For instance, a dealer can only sell a long gun over the counter to a resident of an adjoining state (IL, OH, KY, MI), rather than a resident of ANY state as is permissible under federal law. Due to conflicting definitions between state and federal laws regarding overall length, Indiana also considers "cruiser" type shotguns (18" barrel, rear pistol grip ONLY) to be pistols. And we're not allowed to have registered short-barreled shotguns (SBS), either, although short-barreled rifles (SBR), machine guns and Any Other Weapons (AOW) are OK.

Top Top