Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2010 7:03:49 PM EDT
I just got my renewal notice in the mail for my Utah CCW. It is asking for a $10 renewel fee. How many years will this renewal for $10 be good for? Doesn't say on the renewal application.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just got my renewal notice in the mail for my Utah CCW. It is asking for a $10 renewel fee. How many years will this renewal for $10 be good for? Doesn't say on the renewal application.

Pretty sure it's five years.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just got my renewal notice in the mail for my Utah CCW. It is asking for a $10 renewal fee. How many years will this renewal for $10 be good for? Doesn't say on the renewal application.

Just get a Missouri, its valid in more states, and then you're counted by the government when gun voting issues come up. There's no advantage now to keeping the Utah except cost. Its worth a few extra bucks to make sure the legislature sees as many CCW holders as possible.

Link Posted: 8/6/2010 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What all do they want besides the 10bucks? New photo or anything ?
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll keep my Utah permit, thanks.  MO makes you put theirs on your DL just so they can charge another fee.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll keep my Utah permit, thanks.  MO makes you put theirs on your DL just so they can charge another fee.

Mo does not "make" you put your endorsement on your DL. Its your option whether to get it put on there, or to obtain a non-drivers ID
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What all do they want besides the 10bucks? New photo or anything ?

Yes, fill out the enclosed renewal application, send one current passport quality color photo, and a $10 renewal fee. Hard to beat that if its for another 5 years.
But it does look like a Missouri CCW is good in a few more States.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, fill out the enclosed renewal application, send one current passport quality color photo, and a $10 renewal fee. Hard to beat that if its for another 5 years.
But it does look like a Missouri CCW is good in a few more States.

And Utah just lost a couple of states - but for the minimal cost and fuss to renew, I don't see any reason not to.

Interestingly enough, both my UT and MO CCW permits expired on exactly the same day this year.  So I got a first-hand experience of how much nicer it was renewing the UT permit.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
If a CCW holder was pulled over with a UT license, would the officer know if the driver had a permit? Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If a CCW holder was pulled over with a UT license, would the officer know if the driver had a permit? Just curious.

In Missouri, no.

But in reality, the officer doesn't know if the driver has a MO CCW when they pull you over because at that time they have not established who is driving the car.

But I think what you are getting at....... A Utah or Florida CCW will not be in the M.U.L.E. system.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Missouri, no.

But in reality, the officer doesn't know if the driver has a MO CCW when they pull you over because at that time they have not established who is driving the car.

But I think what you are getting at....... A Utah or Florida CCW will not be in the M.U.L.E. system.

However if you have a nonresident CCW and your pulled over in that state I wouldn't be supprised if it showed up

example: MO resident with FL CCW pulled over in FL would probably still show up
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Missouri, no.

However if you have a nonresident CCW and your pulled over in that state I wouldn't be supprised if it showed up

example: MO resident with FL CCW pulled over in FL would probably still show up

Yes, you are correct, my dad lives in Florida and his showed up when they ran his license. The officer asked to see his firearm, didn't ask if he was carrying, just to see it, he said he didn't have it on him. (which he didn't, it was in my pocket) they didn't ask me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Mailed it out and received it back in less than 2 weeks. $10 renewal fee. Good for another 5 years. Best bargain I have got on anything in a long time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#14]
For the $10 there's no reason not to.  It's good insurance in case your MO permit expires and you don't notice, or keep it in your gun safe in case you lose your wallet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top