Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 6:20:40 PM EDT
It's a Brit show about some SAS members with the team leader being much like Mackey on "The Shield".
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Worse time slot ever. What were they thinking putting another action show up against The Unit?

I was actually going to try to watch it, but after I forgot a couple of weeks ago and missed the season premiere, I almost gave up. Then last week I caught the last 15 minutes and had no clue what was going on or who was who, so gave up on it. In that time I did see that stupid sequence with a .50 cal bolt gun where the writers showed enough firearms ignorance to keep me away for a long long time. It would take The Unit switching to Mini-14's for me to give it another try.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Worse time slot ever. What were they thinking putting another action show up against The Unit?

I was actually going to try to watch it, but after I forgot a couple of weeks ago and missed the season premiere, I almost gave up. Then last week I caught the last 15 minutes and had no clue what was going on or who was who, so gave up on it. In that time I did see that stupid sequence with a .50 cal bolt gun where the writers showed enough firearms ignorance to keep me away for a long long time. It would take The Unit switching to Mini-14's for me to give it another try.

Been done allready...........

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

BBC America is run by Americans. Americans living in NY. As such, all timings are for the convenience of people on the East coast. They don't really seem interested at all in making any concessions to people outside the eastern timezone.

Last nights episode was ok - not as good as the first one though.
I am really surprised that they do get a lot of stuff right (even if in a simplified form) -- such as taking out someone with a hostage with a double tap through the mouth to destroy the brain stem.

Personally, I would love to do the same to that American Dweeb that they have making announcements, trying (and failing) to do a stupid English accent. It might be close enough for Americans, but it drives me up the wall!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BBC America is run by Americans. Americans living in NY. As such, all timings are for the convenience of people on the East coast. They don't really seem interested at all in making any concessions to people outside the eastern timezone.

Ahhh.  Makes sense now. They are trying to kill the show in this market. That's why they picked the one night regular viewers of military action shows will already be occupied.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been done allready...........

www.photobucket.com/albums/y121/Unka-Boo/A1.jpg

www.photobucket.com/albums/y121/Unka-Boo/A2.jpg

finger is on the trigger in pic one. and I know the Mini 14 has some accuracy issues but i guess Murdock just said "Fuck it.. I can't hit shit so i'll just look away and shoot"
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the episode with the .50 was pretty bad.   Everybody in that episode would have permanent hearing damage.
I liked the first one with the bank robbery, especially when he put a burst into that kid hiding among the hostages.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top