Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:39:29 PM EDT
So earler today was driving downtown 75S
When everything kinda just slowed down to say 10MPH for no reason.  "more like a 285 slow down".
To my right was one of the those Hero units that help stranded motorist.  He was about
4 cars in front.  When all the braking started I just thought to myself,  "you know he
isn't going to make it, and its not going to buff out".  Sure enough he plowed into
a car that hit another that hit another.  Parts went flying everywhere.  A nice shower of turn
sig's and brake light glass fell onto my truck.  Oh what a show it was.
Pretty amusing and the look on his face was one of "May I help you?? Oh shit I just grrr".
So just as a PSA for tonight if you see one of these Hero units STAY AWAY.  They will
crash your car!!!!

wolf
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of those HERO drivers are freakin horrible drivers I've seen them almost run people over whom they were pulling over to help.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep! Had one almost run me off the road on 75/85 southbound, down by the "Ted" trying to get to a car w/ a flat tire. Almost had to "Draw Down On The Bastard"!

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I was on 75S just before the 675 merge and the HERO came up behind a bunch of us. Since I was in the far left lane, I moved to the right as much as possible to make room for him in the emergency lane, while trying not to hit the cars sitting next to me (yes, "sitting"/parked, not moving, since it was typical Atlanta traffic).

Did the moron use the emergency lane? NOOOOO. He would not go around me on the left side. He forced his way around me on the RIGHT side between lanes. He was his own worse enemy as far as traffic was concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top