Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 8:31:58 AM EDT
The guy who shot an innocent man through the door of his hotel room is on the run.

It is possible Gomez is driving his white Dodge Ram crew cab pickup. He is described by Anderson in his Seattle Weekly piece as being 5 feet, 4 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with a trimmed graying beard and cropped dark hair. It’s a cinch that he is armed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Innocent of what?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The guy he shot was a teacher at the Art Institute (or so people from school have told me *the resident gun nut*)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]
First, I like his taste in guns. I love my 4013, even if it doesn't have the rail.

Second: If the police honestly believe he's run away to commit suicide, why don't we let him off himself instead of risking the life of an arresting 5-0?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

First, I like his taste in guns. I love my 4013, even if it doesn't have the rail.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/busy_squirrel/2A/SW4013/DCP_1151.jpg
Second: If the police honestly believe he's run away to commit suicide, why don't we let him off himself instead of risking the life of an arresting 5-0?

Cause they (like you) want to shoot this fucker...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because in his note it sounded like he was threatening anyone in his way. Who knows what he may do. Not to mention its their job.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/busy_squirrel/2A/SW4013/DCP_1151.jpg

That sounds like a great idea, ranks right up there with not prosecuting anyone that says sorry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the police honestly believe he's run away to commit suicide, why don't we let him off himself instead of risking the life of an arresting 5-0?

Because in his note it sounded like he was threatening anyone in his way. Who knows what he may do. Not to mention its their job.

Yeah, anyone who tries to stop him from running away and killing himself. That was the implied context.

I can see why people wanna punish him and all, but why not hang back, contain him, and let him punish himself?

Part of my subtle point was that trying him for his crime won't bring back the deceased anymore than commiting suicide. And suicide is alot cheaper for the public than capturing, trying, and imprisoning the guy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because suicide is illegal dammitt !!!!!!!!!! Have you no respect for the law!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm curious about his origional crime. How many of us would shoot someone before, during or after they broke into our house (or motel).

He may have been a bit premature on the trigger if conventional wisdom is to wait till they are inside. Nevertheless, entering into someone elses domain is potentially unhealthy.

If the perp wasn't found guilty, how could the deceased be innocent?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know the guy who died...but I know a good friend of his, and he is torn up a great deal over the loss of his friend.

I think we need to be real careful throwing around words like "breaking in" etc. It sounds like a horrible event that could have been avoided. If I was asleep in a hotel and my door opened, I would be vigilant too...but it is pretty clear he shot at a closed door, without actually seeing his "target". The door wasn't kicked in...and while having your hotel room door open during the night is certainly threatening, I am not convinced anyone would be in the right to shoot at an opening door without even knowing what is behind it (or even where the "target" is).

While I agree, I wouldn't wait to be attacked, I sure hope I maintain the faculty of being to be as sure as possible before pointing my muzzle at something I am/am not willing to destroy and pressing my finger to the trigger AFTER my sights are aligned and on target.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#11]
This is one of those cases that makes you go

ETA: And I don't mean that in anyones favor.. I think the guy was negligent but I don't think he plotted to kill anyone

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is one of those cases that makes you go

ETA: And I don't mean that in anyones favor.. I think the guy was negligent but I don't think he plotted to kill anyone

That is what the charge of manslaughter is for.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know the guy who died...but I know a good friend of his, and he is torn up a great deal over the loss of his friend.

I think we need to be real careful throwing around words like "breaking in" etc. It sounds like a horrible event that could have been avoided. If I was asleep in a hotel and my door opened, I would be vigilant too...but it is pretty clear he shot at a closed door, without actually seeing his "target". The door wasn't kicked in...and while having your hotel room door open during the night is certainly threatening, I am not convinced anyone would be in the right to shoot at an opening door without even knowing what is behind it (or even where the "target" is).

While I agree, I wouldn't wait to be attacked, I sure hope I maintain the faculty of being to be as sure as possible before pointing my muzzle at something I am/am not willing to destroy and pressing my finger to the trigger AFTER my sights are aligned and on target.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Think of it this way –– what if it was the cleaning staff? What if it was a kid, returning to the wrong room? You don't shoot until you are absolutely certain that there is a threat to you.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not sayin he did was excusable but,  There is speculation on the door if is was opend then closed, or for sure what exactly happened or timing.  I know the locks were messed up and his (dead guys) did open the locked door of the shooters room.  From what I have been told it likely would have ended up manslaughter.

ETA, the shooting was vey premature, he should have verified who and fo what.  My question is though, why di he have 2 Glock 40's and a AR??  Was he hiding or was he threatened?  The motel really is a pile of shit, out of the way, dark and generaly not some where you would really want to stay.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Wierd.................I'll be interested to hear more details.  Curious now.

Sounds unfortunate, though I wonder what the deal really was.  I'd have said maybe the victim just knocked on the wrong door, but who knows.....................sounds like something bad that should have been avoided.

And yeah, they HAVE to go looking for the guy, if there's even any inkling that me might be a threat to others.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wierd.................I'll be interested to hear more details.  Curious now.

Sounds unfortunate, though I wonder what the deal really was.  I'd have said maybe the victim just knocked on the wrong door, but who knows.....................sounds like something bad that should have been avoided.

And yeah, they HAVE to go looking for the guy, if there's even any inkling that me might be a threat to others.

Vin,
I live about 15 miles or so from there, and know a number of leo involved, granted they cant say much, ut what they can say, leaves you wondering just wtf????  I cant understand what set him off or the paranoia, but when you hear more facts, you really end up saying this is a tragady, the prosicuter will always file the most extreme charges, as its easier to lessen the chage than to amend and upgrade.  Plus, he was only held on a $100,000.00 bond, for 1st degree murder, again another wtf.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow.  Is starting to sound like something tragic.  Damn.

Keep us posted if you can, I do understand the OPSEC part of that for those involved, of course.

Surely in the next day or two a news story with more info will come out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Obviously this guy should've manned up and faced what was coming.. no question about it that this shoot was flat negligent.

But what sort of precedence would this set for one of us? Maybe the PA see's making this a murder rap as justifiable since the dude went to bed strapped with two Glocks, since you know.. in the mind of some that might be premeditated that he planned to eventually shoot someone, and that planning may have had a role in his "automatic" reaction to dust someone playing with his door handle.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#19]
So the guy straps two Glock 40s to himself to sleep, gets arrested/released, then picks up a couple more different handguns. Hmm, reporting seems suspect, or else I want some of his collection.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So the guy straps two Glock 40s to himself to sleep, gets arrested/released, then picks up a couple more different handguns. Hmm, reporting seems suspect, or else I want some of his collection.

If 2 Smiths and 2 Glocks is a "collection" the economy must be totally fucked.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If 2 Smiths and 2 Glocks is a "collection" the economy must be totally fucked.

Nonsense, if that is a collection, I am a rich man.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wow.  Is starting to sound like something tragic.  Damn.

Keep us posted if you can, I do understand the OPSEC part of that for those involved, of course.

Surely in the next day or two a news story with more info will come out.

So far there is speculation as to the time of events, was the door opened, was it closed, when and how far?  Shots after the door was closed or when it was opened?  Its a cluster at best, he shoul have manned up alright. I wont be able to know more until hes either found dead or he goes to court.  Hell there is even a unaccountability of why it took the ambulance so long to get him from the shooting to the hospital, he bled out.  Right accros the street is Aero Methow Ambulanes?????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top