Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 9:23:17 PM EDT
There was a topic a little ways back but I dont remmember what it was about, anyway one of you guys said something about being able to just goto a counter in Oregon and buy the Auto-Sear for M-16's pretty cheap....

Is it true, or am I smokeing something?...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, your choices are RR, RLL, RDIAS. All cost a pretty penny. Are you talking about replacement parts for an M16 on a Form 4?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Um, your choices are RR, RLL, RDIAS. All cost a pretty penny.

None of the above...

Just the normal M-16 Full auto sear. should not cost a "pretty penny". Im guessing less than $50.00

Im wondering how easy they are to get ahold of ( If I were to live in Oregon where Class 3 is legal, and had access to them, and what they cost.)

So can you tell me what Im asking, or should I wait for Tweak, or Dark Helmet?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There was a topic a little ways back but I dont remmember what it was about, anyway one of you guys said something about being able to just goto a counter in Oregon and buy the Auto-Sear for M-16's pretty cheap....

Is it true, or am I smokeing something?...

I think to get on "pretty cheap" you have to buy it from under the counter....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Um, your choices are RR, RLL, RDIAS. All cost a pretty penny.

None of the above...

Just the normal M-16 Full auto sear. should not cost a "pretty penny". Im guessing less than $50.00

Im wondering how easy they are to get ahold of ( If I were to live in Oregon where Class 3 is legal, and had access to them, and what they cost.)

the last time i heard someone talk about a RDIAS they were like $5000
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You arent supposed to buy those unless its a registered gun. ATF would probably shit a brick over intent to manufacture a MG anyway. If you DO have a legal M16, Olympic will sell you one right in their showroom.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

the last time i heard someone talk about a RDIAS they were like $5000

Lucky that is not what Im talking about.

A regular Military M-16 Auto Sear......

You know the damn thing that always got in the way when you  had to clean your  M-16's lower in the Army....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You arent supposed to buy those unless its a registered gun.

Thank you miss granny goody two shoes, but That is now what I asked.....( I already know that!)

Isnt it past your bed time?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you miss granny goody two shoes, but That is now what I asked.....( I already know that!)

No, not past my bed time. I am not miss granny goody two shoes. I just dont talk about unregistered NFA weapons online. you never know who is watching.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, not past my bed time. I am not miss granny goody two shoes. I just dont talk about unregistered NFA weapons online. you never know who is watching.

Show me one place where I was talking about Unregisterd NFA weapons online?..

I was asking 2 people ( of which your are not even one of the two), about a old posted topic, where someone ( I was thinking it was one of the two...once again not you!) said something about being able to buy the Auto Sear's over the counter for pretty cheap....

Now, Lets just assume that I was thinking of  doing what Dark Helmet did and I gave someone in Oregon enough money for them to get a Class 3 M-16 (legal) Can the parts be gotten that easy for a legal owner?....

Is that easy enough for you to understaned?....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]
If you have a tax stamp you can send, maybe even fax a copy to whoever you want to buy the sear from, with the money, and they send it to you. Did DarkHelmet incorporate in Oregon or is someone holding it for him? I assumed he bought it with an Oregon Corp. and stores it there.

I am just trying to help. DarkHelmet isnt on much. Tweak is hanging around the tech boards, last I saw.

Like it says in Bushmasters catalog--auto parts require a copy of a form 4 or FFL/SOT. Now, there are of ways to get them, shall we say...under less than legal circumstances. But I try to pretend I never heard anyone say how

Theoretically it is legal to buy auto sears over the counter--but not in WA (parts specifically made for auto weapons illegal) and not if you have an AR15 they can accuse you of trying to convert.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am just trying to help.

I know that, and that is why Im not tearing your head off for not reading!...

Now Im glad to see that you know the laws, and you know about washington state laws ( that puts you above most older gun owners)....

But don't go make'n something out of what it was not...

And when you grow up and are "Legal" for your first beer,( because I know you follow all the laws and would never drink under age)  I will buy!

Now get your A$$ back to bed before mommy and daddy find out!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think it was Hay River Trading back then R-32. No paperwork, OR is a free state, same for M16 carriers.

THANK YOU!....

That is all I needed...

Hey Tweak, can we start a fight over this?..
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am just trying to help.

I know that, and that is why Im not tearing your head off for not reading!...

Now Im glad to see that you know the laws, and you know about washington state laws ( that puts you above most older gun owners)....

But don't go make'n something out of what it was not...

And when you grow up and are "Legal" for your first beer,( because I know you follow all the laws and would never drink under age)  I will buy!

Now get your A$$ back to bed before mommy and daddy find out!

I apologize. I am VERY surprised to learn that you can buy an auto sear without trouble! I was told again and again that this would get your house burned to the ground. I would like to go to bed, but I can't sleep and dosing up on Nyquil isn't appealing right now. I'm hacking like a dying man.

R-32, arguements aside, you were at the Buzz Inn today werent you? I must have missed you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
[R-32, arguements aside, you were at the Buzz Inn today werent you? I must have missed you.

I was at the show, But I have run a few calls at the Fire Dept, to the buzz inn in the last couple months.....

I would not eat there if it were the last resturant on earth...

BTW, I guess you can have a pass for the Arguments, Your sick.....

I feel sorry for sick kids!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[R-32, arguements aside, you were at the Buzz Inn today werent you? I must have missed you.

Looks like I'm gonna be sicker tomorrow...

I don't need no stinking pity!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If you have a tax stamp you can send, maybe even fax a copy to whoever you want to buy the sear from, with the money, and they send it to you. Did DarkHelmet incorporate in Oregon or is someone holding it for him? I assumed he bought it with an Oregon Corp. and stores it there.

Having conversed with him somewhat on the matter, I believe DarkHelmet is basically trusting a dealer in OR to own the gun for him. The M16 was paid for with DHs money, but the paperwork/registration are all in the dealer's name.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was at the show, But I have run a few calls at the Fire Dept, to the buzz inn in the last couple months.....

Bah!  It's good for you, makes you big and strong!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#19]
C'mon Jack, you aren't gonna take that crap are you? Explain some more stuff to him, that was good!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
C'mon Jack, you aren't gonna take that crap are you? Explain some more stuff to him, that was good!

Why the fuck does everybody in the hometown give me shit, I don't get that in GD or the tech forums.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why the fuck does everybody in the hometown give me shit, I don't get that in GD or the tech forums.

Don't go soft on us. As best as I can tell, most people like you, that s why they fuck with you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it's because they don't know you?  

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't go soft on us. As best as I can tell, most people like you, that s why they fuck with you.

Oh ok. My bad, I thought you were giving me shit.

Fuck you too HABU I ain't gonna go soft on nobody!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh ok. My bad, I thought you were giving me shit.

Fuck you too HABU I ain't gonna go soft on nobody!

That's not what I heard from the little girl down your street.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That's not what I heard from the little girl down your street.

She told you about that!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:10:04 AM EDT
[#27]
She told everybody, good luck dating any local girls pal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#28]
If you ask the question of the whole board everyone will ignore you.
If you ask a question of one person everyone will toss in their two cents...

Quoted:
R-32, next time you want to ask only two people a question, and don't want the opinion of others, try IM or email.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top