Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 8:46:29 PM EDT
Like the title says, I will be in SC from august 13-18 in the charleston area, and in Hilton Head for a day or two.  Are there any gun shows going on....and if not are there any good gun/pawn shops in the area?  I'm mostly looking for rifes (milsurp) and AR accessories.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Any good shops in Myrtle Beach area? I will be going there in Oct.  The last time I went there was one on King's Hwy right beside some topless joint.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
dont go to atp in goose creek
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't remember the name but there is one on HWY-17,gun store/indoor shooting range/Civil War museum.Lot of stuff there.Better have a fat wallet.
Also as you go into Murrells Inlet there is Costal Sports,indoor shooting range.
3418 HWY-17 Business.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
dont go to atp in goose creek

why not?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
ATP in goose creek is just plain bad.  bad service, bad people, and bad prices. i have been there on 3 differnt occasions and was treated like shit every time.

Traders world on cross country road in north charleston/summerville area, on the other hand, is probably the best gunshop in the summerville/North charleson area. i have bought 2 pistols there now and have always had the BEST service provided to me. no problems handling the merchandise, in fact its encourged.

in charleston itself, i have had good experiences at Carolina rod and gun. They have done some  transfers for me and although there transfer prices are high they treated me with respect.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for Trader world
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Any good shops in Myrtle Beach area? I will be going there in Oct.  The last time I went there was one on King's Hwy right beside some topless joint.

Emerald City is the strip club, my neighbor used to get his coke from there.

Great people at the gun range down the road, very pricey however.

eta - the name is Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range. Pretty self explanatory.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ATP in goose creek is just plain bad.  bad service, bad people, and bad prices. i have been there on 3 differnt occasions and was treated like shit every time.

Traders world on cross country road in north charleston/summerville area, on the other hand, is probably the best gunshop in the summerville/North charleson area. i have bought 2 pistols there now and have always had the BEST service provided to me. no problems handling the merchandise, in fact its encourged.

in charleston itself, i have had good experiences at Carolina rod and gun. They have done some  transfers for me and although there transfer prices are high they treated me with respect.

What he said.

Anyone know of a good rifle range besides Palmetto Gun Club?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Anyone know of a good rifle range besides Palmetto Gun Club?

the francis marion rifle ranges in monks corner area are free 100 yard outdoor ranges. twin ponds is just off HWY 17 on i believe steed creek road.

www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/rec/FMRR.pdf has more info.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#10]
+1/-1 for Trader World. The service is totally dependent on who serves you. Some will give you the best service in the world while other seem like they just want you to leave. AWESOME inventory though.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Emerald City is the strip club, my neighbor used to get his coke from there.

Great people at the gun range down the road, very pricey however.

eta - the name is Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range. Pretty self explanatory.

yep...great people there, just got back from the place.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 for Trader World. They understand customer service. Wish I could say the same for some of the other dealers in the area. There is also a small shop in Mt. Pleasant, on the way to the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top