Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2013 9:12:15 AM EST
So I'll be driving there for a concert in August. Since there is no reciprocity with ND, what I my options for bringing a pistol once I enter your state? Or should I just leave it at home?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:08:55 AM EST
I'm new to Minnesota but from what I know, leave it home. No reciprocity would mean it's illegal to carry. I was just reading a newspaper article (online) about how confusing MN gun laws can be.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:15:21 AM EST
There are those who will say "concealed means concealed". If you want to follow that mantra, just know it is illegal here to carry concealed or openly without a MN permit or equivalent and there is no reciprocity in MN with any bordering state.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:25:09 PM EST
So if I want to be legal, do I need to put it in the trunk or something?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:49:36 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
View Quote

If your handgun is unloaded and in a gun case with no part of the firearm exposed, you can have it anywhere in the vehicle
If it's not in a gun case, it has to be unloaded and in a trunk or rear most portion of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:04:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By Wormfood:

If your handgun is unloaded and in a gun case with no part of the firearm exposed, you can have it anywhere in the vehicle
If it's not in a gun case, it has to be unloaded and in a trunk or rear most portion of the vehicle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wormfood:

This. You can carry a knife, Flashlight and OC though, if you want!
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:02:35 AM EST
When in August? You may have enough time to get a permit (barely).
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 11:50:34 AM EST
So I'll be driving there for a concert in August. Since there is no reciprocity with ND, what I my options for bringing a pistol once I enter your state? Or should I just leave it at home?

Thanks
View Quote

Do you have a ND CCW, Class I or II?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:42:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
When in August? You may have enough time to get a permit (barely).
View Quote
Aug 23-24.

Class 2 permit
Top Top