Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2013 10:12:15 AM EDT
So I'll be driving there for a concert in August.  Since there is no reciprocity with ND, what I my options for bringing a pistol once I enter your state?  Or should I just leave it at home?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm new to Minnesota but from what I know, leave it home. No reciprocity would mean it's illegal to carry. I was just reading a newspaper article (online) about how confusing MN gun laws can be.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
There are those who will say "concealed means concealed". If you want to follow that mantra, just know it is illegal here to carry concealed or openly without a MN permit or equivalent and there is no reciprocity in MN with any bordering state.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
So if I want to be legal, do I need to put it in the trunk or something?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

If your handgun is unloaded and in a gun case with no part of the firearm exposed, you can have it anywhere in the vehicle
If it's not  in a gun case, it has to be unloaded and in a trunk or rear most portion of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If your handgun is unloaded and in a gun case with no part of the firearm exposed, you can have it anywhere in the vehicle
If it's not  in a gun case, it has to be unloaded and in a trunk or rear most portion of the vehicle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  You can carry a knife, Flashlight and OC though, if you want!
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#6]
When in August? You may have enough time to get a permit (barely).
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I'll be driving there for a concert in August.  Since there is no reciprocity with ND, what I my options for bringing a pistol once I enter your state?  Or should I just leave it at home?

Thanks
View Quote

Do you have  a ND CCW, Class I or II?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

When in August? You may have enough time to get a permit (barely).
View Quote
Aug 23-24.

Class 2 permit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top