Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 4:20:13 PM EDT
If I'm heading to Bulletfest from Iowa, do I need one of those licenses if I pass through?  What if there is an FFL from Iowa w/ me?
Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Federal Law allows you to transport through the People's Republik Of Illandannoyed unmolested. Just to be safe, make sure your gun is unloaded, and inside a case. See the ILL gun laws posted above if you're still worried.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it said at the beginning that it applied to citizen's of Illinois, so I guess I'm ok.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to Illinois, where visitors have more rights than citizens!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That info is made available in a brochure entitled "Illinois Gun Laws - Common Questions & Answers. Illinois Gun Statutes". It's put out by the Il State Police and Il Dept of Natural Resources.

ISP Media Information 217-782-6637
ISP FOID & Transfer Inquiry 217-782-3310
IDNR Information 217-782-6302
IDNR Law Enforcement Office of IDNR 217-782-6431

Here's the number on the back of the pamphlet tollfree 877-306-8101

The pamphlet is free. I would call and get a copy and keep it when you're passing through Il.
It might save some hassles if you can show that you're complying by showing their own handout to them.

Remember, these laws don't include local ordinances. Some Federal protection is provided, but don't count on it. In other words, stay away from Chicago.

"Illinois Unlawful Use of Weapons does not preempt local ordinances from banning firearms. Persons carrying or transporting firearms through such communities could be subject to local firearm ordinances. Federal law does attempt to provide limited protection in these circumstances, but when transporting firearms in unfamiliar communities, it is a good idea to check with authorities on local law."
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the good info and heads up.
I feel for you guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top