Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 9:14:14 PM EDT
Where does everyone get their transfers on LI? I used to do mine through Burns Bros. until the ATF shut them down and they would accept shipments from non-FFL dealers.  I just did my last one at Hunter Sports and they are good people but they only accept shipments from FFL dealers.  Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer that will accept a transfer from a non-FFL private seller on Long Island for $30 or less? I'm in western Suffolk. TIA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
T&T in Garden City Park did a transfer for me from a non FFL a few months ago...don't remember the exact price, but it was I believe it was in the neighborhood of $30-35
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.thegunzone.com/msm-b.html

+1 for Dean.  He is out in Westhampton Beach.  Good guy and he charges $30.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ETA - just re-read your post, A little confusing, you want to receive an out of state firearm from a non-FFL correct?

Correct. Sorry for the confusion.  I've heard good things about Main Street Mag but it's a little too far for me to drive.   I'm on the Smithtown/Kings Park border.  The closest place to me would probably be Chester's.  Anyone do transfers there? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I was under the impression that no one would/could receive guns that didn't come with/from an FFL anymore? They say it's the law, but it may just be CYA policy. Either way, it doesn't matter.

Chester gets $65-$75 last I heard.  Also will throw a fit if it doesn't come from/with an FFL.

Brain at Guns and Ammo on Sunrise Highway gets $35 I think, but if it's an out of state transfer he'll try and charge you sales tax on the purchase price...  which is bullshit, but he does. He's also lost many a customer because of it. Good for instate transfers though.

Tee Dee in Medford is up to $50 now (and have lost me as a customer as well). They INSIST it come from an FFL.

Islip http://www.lisc.net used to be $35, I used to use them a lot when Steve still owned it and friends still worked there. Haven't since the change, which is a few years now. Price probably went up.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was under the impression that no one would/could receive guns that didn't come with/from an FFL anymore? They say it's the law, but it may just be CYA policy. Either way, it doesn't matter.

AFAIK the NYSP require that out-of-state handguns be shipped from an FFL to a NY FFL/NYS handgun dealer.  There is no such rule for long guns but some FFL's will not accept a long gun that is shipped from a non-licensee.  You should always discuss this with your dealer prior to having any gun shipped to him so there are no surprises when the gun is received.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

AFAIK the NYSP require that out-of-state handguns be shipped from an FFL to a NY FFL/NYS handgun dealer.  

That's what NYSP says, but I have not yet seen the law or regulation that supports that requirement.  AFAIK it doesn't exist.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I know it's easier for the receiving FFL to book in if it comes from/with and FFL. The info's all there in B&W. Where as, if Joe shmoe sells me a gun and sends it to my dealer, he may or may not include the info required to log in the acquisition. "Mystery guns" are a major headache. Not supposed to have it if it's not logged in, but can't log it in if you don't know who sent it.  So from their end I can't understand requiring the FFL send it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
HUNTER SPORTS...I think is $30.00 + Tax
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
HUNTER SPORTS...I think is $30.00 + Tax

Yes $30.00 plus tax but Mark only accepts tranfers from FFL holders. Not from private individuals
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
T&T in Garden City Park did a transfer for me from a non FFL a few months ago...don't remember the exact price, but it was I believe it was in the neighborhood of $30-35

contact Stan at the Garden City PK location. If its a Rifle, he will accept the transfer with a copy of the persons drivers license.  Good luck wherever you end up doing the transfer  
Top Top