Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 6:52:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope a higher court will find him not guilty. This ruling is bullshit. This case may go all the way to the top of Ohio's courts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The judge's ruling is wholly without sense.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I applaud the man for what he did. In this day and time, you get a lawyer or replace your city council.  In the higher court it could go either way. Previous rulings have cited with city laws because in a park you're more apt to have kids present. I hope nothing but the best for this man in his struggle with the idiots who wrote this law.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The judge's ruling is wholly without sense.  

I disagree, the ruling makes perfect sense. The judge is punishing the accused for challenging the law, instead of interpreting a crystal clear state statute. Said so himself:

"You wanted to confront the issue. You wanted a ruling of some kind. You now have your ruling."

This judge is being "active".

Hopefully the appellate court will throw his ruling to the wind, where it's clearly meant to be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that this ruling was expected ad is part of a larger plan.

Plan for the worst and pray for the best.

God willing, this will be solvd before it reaches SCOTUS.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top