Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 8:43:30 AM EDT
Damned flu. I've already missed a week at work and I still have a low grade fever so it doesn't look good for going back tonight. Plus I couldn't go to my family's Christmas get-together today. Doc told me Friday he was afraid I was getting pneumonia but my chest was "mostly clear" on the x-ray. I am miserable.

Thank you for letting me rant, now you may continue with your normal activities.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope you get to feeling better, being sick during the holidays really sucks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Week three here....first 10 days are a killer then it just kind of settles into a cold that won't go away.  After the full gambit usual your nose will run like a sink.

It's hitting everyone that has a people job.

This years strain is a definate hard one.

Hang in and good luck.

Tj
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That really sucks.  Sorry to hear you're sick, Mark.  I didn't get a flu shot this year so I'm really crossing my fingers that I don't get sick.  Hang in there and let us know if you need anything.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope you get better soon!

This flu has been quite weird.  They offered the flu shot at the company.  I got it and so far doing OK.  However, many people who also took the shot got the flu.

Anyways... do not forget to drink a lot of water or juices.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Is Bacardi rum considered a juice?  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm  Rum's made from sugar cane JUICE

That might work. Better yet, I have some Bombay Sapphire, Gin's made from Juniper berry JUICE. If I drink all the juice I have I won't give a shit how I feel.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the way you think.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Dr. Colt's remedy:
Eat everything you can keep down.
Drink all the juice you can stand.
Take every vitamin you have in the house.
Sleep until everyone thinks you're dead.
Take off work two weeks--one to get better and one to screw around when nobody knows you're better.

Hope you're over this soon. Doesn't really seem to be a cure.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hmmmm  Rum's made from sugar cane JUICE

That might work. Better yet, I have some Bombay Sapphire, Gin's made from Juniper berry JUICE. If I drink all the juice I have I won't give a shit how I feel.  

Yeah, right.  Drink all the "juice" you can and let us know how it goes.  Of course, if we do not hear from you after a while we will know what happened...  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top