Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:12:38 PM EDT
To the North  Store the CMP runs to hand pick a Garand.

IF this happens, anyone want to go with?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, when you planning on going?
I think I'd like to pick out a nice 03 instead of a Garand.
By the way, I know Garands really well.  Owned upwards of 6 or 7 over the years, including a NM. You need to take a throat guage if you go!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
where is that at?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
where is that at?

Ohio.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
By the way, I know Garands really well.  Owned upwards of 6 or 7 over the years, including a NM. You need to take a throat guage if you go!

I have to wait till we get out Vacation cards BUT I am thinking about late March or April.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to wait till we get out Vacation cards BUT I am thinking about late March or April.

I the case of a slim chance that I am not doing anything or working  then I may be down for going,  but I doubt I will be free
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me know, I would love to try and make it up there if nothing else for a good time and see somethings that I normally do not see here!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:26:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
To the North  Store the CMP runs to hand pick a Garand.

IF this happens, anyone want to go with?

How does it work?   Can you purchase a rifle out of state since you have a c&r or do you have it shipped back to an Oklahoma FFL?

Is it just pistols that can't be bought out of state?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Let me know when. I've been thinking the same thing myself. I've got a Garand itch that needs scratchin! Don't want to miss out on a CMP one like I did on the A3s.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How does it work?   Can you purchase a rifle out of state since you have a c&r or do you have it shipped back to an Oklahoma FFL?

Is it just pistols that can't be bought out of state?

It's a vendor with Federal government approval to sell. They will ship you a CMP gun through the mail - no FFL required - if you fill out their forms and you check out OK!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If they ship them right to you, 1shott can save some money.

1shott, have them ship it to you and then you can take all that money from skipping the road trip and convert those funds to beer and lap dances.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope! Better to pick it out in person than take luck of the draw! Especially if you intend to keep it for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nope! Better to pick it out in person than take luck of the draw! Especially if you intend to keep it for awhile.

Gotta time a store trip just right, wait long after resupply from Anniston and it'll be picked over. I've done the CMP luck of the draw about five times  now, haven't been disappointed yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top