Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2017 4:38:39 PM EDT
are up to their normal tricks. HB1911 has passed committee but it has be gutted and turned into a bad bill. They are saying HB375 is not dead but it will face a tough fight to get out of committee.

From Open Cary Texas:
BREAKING: HB 1911 passes committee 6-3. As expected, Nevarez, Hinojosa, and Johnson were no votes. This is the gutted bill that ties your rights to paying taxes, paying child support, and on the condition you don't exercise your 1st amendment right to use bad language or middle fingers in public.
King said that 375 is not dead. Listen, if you're going to call to push for or against a bill, it does neither effort any good to be rude, vile, profane? or otherwise uncivil. The people answering those calls are not the elected representatives and don't deserve that treatment.
Think about this. If someone called you and cussed you out demanding you do something, are you going to DO it? No. Please be respectful and professional. I'm not saying the problem is with our members, but I'm sure there are some.
The game of politics is a delicate balancing act. We can easily turn people for or against our cause just by how we talk to them and express ourselves. I'm not saying not to be assertive when calling or emailing. I'm saying use the golden rule.

Some type of constitutional carry is working in 14 other states. Why do some of the people in Austin think Texas is so special it won't work here?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I read 375 is the better constitutional carry bill anyway.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link to the revised bill or some real analysis that goes a bit deeper than inflammatory vagueness?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Open carry texas site has a comparison of the two bills
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I read 375 is the better constitutional carry bill anyway.
View Quote
It's a better idea and a better principle, but if it can't even get out of committee it's not a better bill.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Per the OCT website:

Constitutional carry, but only applies to individuals that would otherwise qualify for LTC; keeps unconstitutional restrictions to license qualification in place
Yeah, see my quote above.

If y'all think we're getting full Constitutional Carry in this decade you've probably been to Colorado recently.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Per the OCT website:

Yeah, see my quote above.

If y'all think we're getting full Constitutional Carry in this decade you've probably been to Colorado recently.
View Quote
Which is why 375 is better.  If you qualify for purchase then you can carry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is HB1911 as it currently stands. I'm sure things will be added to it as it goes up for a vote.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/85R/billtext/html/HB01911I.htm
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is HB1911 as it currently stands. I'm sure things will be added to it as it goes up for a vote.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/85R/billtext/html/HB01911I.htm
View Quote

I hope it gets amended to be worded closer to 375 or just scrapped if 375 gets out of committee.
Top Top