Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 4:38:24 PM EDT
for post 556!!

I'm not going to do the traditional pic of a case of ammo or my guns.  Instead, a walk down memory lane......

May 31 2003 MO crew

Here's a link to all the pics I still have from that day

From the name's of these pics, I'm guessing the 3rd MODCC shoot?

Here's a big THANK YOU to GaryM for his huge help in getting me started in reloading.  I actually got razzed by a guy in the reloading forum for this pic (it was at 15 yards).  Considering when I made those shots I closed my eyes and hoped I hadn't pissed God off too much that day, I thought it came out pretty well.  Needless to say, my 100 yard shots are now much better than that

And here's to my awesome wife.  I love you honey

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
for post 556!!

yhti.net/~minardi/redlegs_ar.jpg

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
for post 556!!

I'm not going to do the traditional pic of a case of ammo or my guns.  Instead, a walk down memory lane......

May 31 2003 MO crew
yhti.net/~minardi/may31shoot/crew.jpg

Here's a link to all the pics I still have from that day

From the name's of these pics, I'm guessing the 3rd MODCC shoot?
yhti.net/~minardi/modcc3p1.jpg
yhti.net/~minardi/modcc3p2.jpg
yhti.net/~minardi/modcc3p3.jpg
yhti.net/~minardi/modcc3p4.jpg
yhti.net/~minardi/modcc3p5.jpg
yhti.net/~minardi/modcc3p6.jpg
yhti.net/~minardi/modcc3p7.jpg

Here's a big THANK YOU to GaryM for his huge help in getting me started in reloading.  I actually got razzed by a guy in the reloading forum for this pic (it was at 15 yards).  Considering when I made those shots I closed my eyes and hoped I hadn't pissed God off too much that day, I thought it came out pretty well.  Needless to say, my 100 yard shots are now much better than that
yhti.net/~minardi/firstreloads.jpg

yhti.net/~minardi/redlegs_ar.jpg

Those first few reloads are nerve racking.  I know I was having a hard time dropping the hammer on the first one.  Don't lose that feeling entirely.  Helps keep your face and fingers in tact whenever you get a hair-brain idea that you just know will work.  

Cool pics man!  Nice hardware too!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Warm fuzzies all over.  Nice blast from the past too, I can see myself front and center in that group pic.  Yay!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
awww .... those pics sure bring back memories.  MODCC at its infancy, the time when 15-20 shooters were the norm, the place where everybody knows your name ... time sure has changed now ...

Anne, when will you be moving back to MO?  

Jason, thanks for the pics.

oz
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Anne, when will you be moving back to MO?

Actually Oz, I'll be moving there around the end of May.  Looks like my new shooting home will be The Miami Rifle and Pistol Club.  It's only a 5hour drive from St Louis though, so I'll be around often enough.  It is the last year for the Cards at Busch Stadium, and I'd like to see more than just three there in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, those picts bring back some memories. Heck, I just had a flashback to the very first shoot I attended. I pulled in and saw a large group of folk shooting, figured it had to be the arfcom crew. I just walked over and got a very warm and friendly welcome. Remember the time someone brought the watermelons? we set them on the line and then everyone opened up on the count of 3? Everyone else at the range had to come over and see the heck was going on.
And we can't forget the times the police showed up, the time they were cool about everything and even tried out a few of our toys and the other time when they were pricks about it all.
Jake, I was happy to help you get addicted to the reloading habit. It is a hell of a lot of fun. Who knows, eventually you might be experimenting with making your own grenade launching blanks..
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
That was a great day.  Good pics ShakyJake thanks for posting them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy cow, that brings back memories!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, I remember that May 31 shoot! I think that was our first time out there too. What a blast.
Met alot of nice people and got a quick, group shooting class  from Duke-Nukem. I think that was the
first time out with the .458 Socom also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top