Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 11:02:32 PM EDT
Anyone been out to the pit latly? I have thought about going out there but with hunting season going on I did not think it was a good idea. I dont want to scare off the deer for the bow hunters and I dont know who is behind it. Just wondering.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you would find the pit to be well used this time of year by the Gomers who only shoot to get their deer rifles sighted in for season. Seriously, I don't see a problem with it at all. I am hoping to get out there in the near future to try out something new. C'mon ATF......APPROVE MY TRANSFER!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Hahha, Lumpy, you have to be itchin like crazy to shoot/get your new toy.  We'll have to have a shoot so you can break it in properly.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like you might need help breaking it in.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I am itching like crazy to get it but I am also very aware of the fact that it could take months before I get it. I managed to locate 3 additional magazines for it. Mags are hard to find and pretty pricey when you do find them. I started buying ammo this week as well. Walmart seems to have a good price for .45. 100 rounds of Winchester for just under $20.

Hopefully it shows up before we have another shoot. If so, I will let you guys know so you can pick up a box of .45 and try it out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me know when you guys are going out next. I try to stay away from the ranges and shooting holes where the local idiots are sighting in rifles this time of year. If we get enough guys with common sense out there I will be up for it though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm waiting 'til the snow flies. Keeps the pogues and sightseers to a minimum.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Good idea. You can allways tell who is serious/crazy about thier shooting when the temps drop to nothing, and you have to walk through 2ft. of snow to check your targets.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea. You can allways tell who is serious/crazy about thier shooting when the temps drop to nothing, and you have to walk through 2ft. of snow to check your targets.

Haha, that is half fun of going out in the middle of winter.  Plus you are typically all by yourself which is nice.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha, that is half fun of going out in the middle of winter.  Plus you are typically all by yourself which is nice.

So true. Nothing like being the only guy at the range. Want to check your target, instant seasefire.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think you would find the pit to be well used this time of year by the Gomers who only shoot to get their deer rifles sighted in for season.

oh, no kiddin'.

try getting on my club range this time of year.

i actually kinda like unlimbering the "evil, assualt weapons" in front of those turds.....

"hey, whatcha hunt withat?"
"where's the wood?"
"yeah, but i got's me a 20x scope on my marlin .30-30"
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think you would find the pit to be well used this time of year by the Gomers who only shoot to get their deer rifles sighted in for season.

oh, no kiddin'.

try getting on my club range this time of year.

i actually kinda like unlimbering the "evil, assualt weapons" in front of those turds.....

"hey, whatcha hunt withat?"
"where's the wood?"
"yeah, but i got's me a 20x scope on my marlin .30-30"

^^ ^^

Yep, It's a joke to try to go out and get any kind of shooting in this time of Year. These "Yokels" are quite a hoot to talk to/at, as I see You've discovered.

It does serve as a great sorce of joy to go out and "Mess With" these assmonkeys tho'. I like to shoot My "EVIL, >BLACK< ASSAULT RIFLE(s), while they try to just hit the paper. I tend to also see the "Old-fart(s) who shoot 1 shot every half hour" guys alot now too. They sure are willing to tell You how shitty all of Your stuff is, whether you want Their opinion or not. I get a big smile on My face as My hot brass bounces off of Their head,scope,bench, or back. Of course I say" gee! I'm sorry Mr. shooter guy! I'll stop shooting this for now!"

(Mr Shooter guy goes into his "Setting up My shot drill/ at least 5-10 min worth of BS)

I pull out the 8mm, 7.62x54r, or if I'm feeling REALY NASTY the 50BMG, and dump a round or two off...Turn and say "Yep! I sure do like These here bolt guns too!" (note to self: I need a set of the "Bubba" teeth to go with My shooting kit!)

Tall Shadow

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been wanting to take my AR out to the Pits but I don't know where its at.  ANd someone said that this time of year the hunters are out there, is it hard to shoot with them out there?  Rangerdave,  how do I get there?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Hi Rangerdave. Welcome to ARFCOM and the Michigan board.

The pit is in Lapeer. It's probably full of "once-a-year" shooters now but it'll empty out once Bambi season passes. That's when we'll get started with the Brass monkey shoots.

You'll see them announced on the Michigan board so check in every couple days so you don't miss anything. Hope to see ya there!

edited cuz I had to change image hosts
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the directions, I'll watch the board for the brass monkey shoots.  In the meantime can anyone shoot out there anytime?  Or are there rules or anything like that?  What do I need to know, not that I'm really want to be anywhere near a bunch of "once a year fuco's" if you'll pardon the expression.  I was at Pontiac Lake range recently, I'm there usually a couple of times a month, and I couldn't believe how many came out of the wood work, like cock roaches.   Anyway lookin forward to meeting the whole bunch of you out there, have a save & happy Thanksgiving.  Rangerdave
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#15]
There's no schedule or sign up sheet. It's just an abandoned gravel pit that makes a nice place to shoot.

It's pretty much the honor system out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top